Please sign my Guestbook.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving (a little early or late)

I started to send this to a few friends rather than put it out here but then I thought after the gloom and doom of my posts last night, some hope might be in order. Maybe a little corny, but so am I.

To all the moms, dads, sons and daughters out there.

If this isn't true for everyone, maybe someday we'll have a world where it will be. It's not a bad legacy.

From Worldstart.com today - Anonymous

Today's Poem - When you thought I wasn't looking...

I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately wanted to paint another one.

I saw you feed a stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.

I saw you make my favorite cake for me and I learned that little things can be the special things in life.

I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.

I saw you give of your time and money to help people who had nothing and I learned that those who have something should give to those who don't.

I felt you kiss me good night and I felt loved and safe.

I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.

I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't feel good, and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grow up.

I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but its all right to cry.

I saw that you cared and I wanted to be everything I could be.

I watched you, and I learned most of life's lessons I need to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.

I looked at you and wanted to say, "Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking."

5 comments:

ipodmomma said...

Granny, have a wonderfully blessed Thanskgiving!!!

much love... :)))


jumpy yippy nervous anXious growly yelly hyper... the new seven dwarfs

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Granny Ann! Hope you and your family and friends have a great time when you celebrate it.

We don't have it here in England, for obvious reasons, but I do think that the holiday season tends to bring out the best in people.

- And the worst, of course, but today I'm not going to dwell on that, and only think of the good, like that absolutely gorgeous poem.

Just, wow.

Alice

Granny said...

mollie - get stuck on the "X" how about xenophobic?

Mother Sharon Damnable said...

Hi granny,

Like Alice I thought the poem remarkable.

I hope you enjoy the festivities

Mother Sharon Damnable said...

Hi Granny,

The poem is public domain, as far as I know.

It would be lovely be added to your list of favourites,thank you. I had already added you to mine.

I wish you a happy holiday.