Please sign my Guestbook.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Rochelle and "mother earth"creation

This was what Rochelle was busy with today. I'm not sure what she plans to do with it. She spent quite some time collecting leaves and gluing them to paper. She calls it mother earth. She's still making origami spaceships as well.

The other two are fine. We may be starting a week with no ailments.

I'm just saying hi. As I said earlier, I spent a lot of time tilting at windmills. Did manage to actually cook a meal; no hot dogs or fish sticks. We had baked chicken, Spanish rice, corn with mild red peppers and black beans, and sliced tomatoes and cukes.

I just finished up a 3 page letter to the Principal of Elcie's school. Don't know what will happen next. The whole attendance thing was totally absurd and the Assistant Principal will not give an inch so I went over her head. I have a list of Child Advocates which will be my next step if this doesn't work.

I set out Elcie's history almost from birth, everything we and the agencies had done together, and everything the schools had, up until now, done to make her path a little easier. I explained everything in writing that I had tried to tell the automaton over the phone. I told them that signing a contract was an admission of guilt and I was guilty of nothing. And on and on. I copied her Advocate in case the letter doesn't reach its intended destination. It will either work or they'll haul me off in chains. I'm always civil but anyone could read the anger between the lines.

It's almost 2:00 a.m. here and I must go to sleep but I didn't want my last post to be political.

England is already up and about. I just saw Alice pop up on my email and I wouldn't be surprised if ipodmomma was right behind. They both know I'm a night-owl.

Have a great day everyone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoot! I've been mentioned again.
...For those reading incredulously at my excitement, remember; small things...

Now, when are you going to keep your promise and tell everyone that I'm smart and great and beautiful?
I know it's a lie, but you did promise, and it would be great for that to be written in print. :-)

Good luck with the Principal. I remember well my mother trying to get things rolling at my school.
Hope you have better luck.

*Hugs*

Anonymous said...

Ack! "written in print"??

I don't even like coffee but apparently to write coherently in the mornings I need one.

I meant "publically published".

Ug. I'm. Going. Back. To...Zzzz...

Andrea said...

Ohh granny good luck with that letter. You are fighting for a good cause there and you will win. You have to win.
sigh
Just
good luck! and hugs

Madcap said...

You know, it might be worthwhile to talk to a homeschooling group about what the school regulations actually are in your state. They're more likely to give you the straight goods about your rights. I know that here the parent absolutely has the final say about everything, in school or out of school, but the school system tells people otherwise and tries to exert a lot of power that they simply don't have legally. They get away with it because folks assume the school system has the final word. Tell them to go to hell!

Of course, I'm a slightly biased homeschooler and government controls get right up my nose.

If you like, I'll tell them to go to hell myself.

Gawdessness said...

all that foliage is soooo green and summery, wow!

It sounds like you are doing allo the right things with the school.
I wish you didn't have to.

I remember staring, open mouthed, at first the teacher and then the principal as they seemed to work at making things harder for me and my kid!

Dinner sounded great by the way.
I am such an early bird that it is funny how we often miss each other.

Sp00kalot said...

Whoa... I missed something juicy. I have go back and read further into your blog and find out what that contract is all about. See what happens when youre a newcomer? You miss all the good stuff!