Please sign my Guestbook.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Sunday Night

Kids are sleeping (I think) and I'm not too far from it.

It's been a good day although our rain came back (with another rainbow).

Ray wasn't up to leaving the house today so Rochelle, Rebecca, and I went to the early service. Very nice. We have two bell choirs - one for kids that the girls belong to and another for adults. The adults played the Hallelujah Chorus to end the service. Only about 10 of them which meant that some had 3 or 4 bells to keep up with. If they missed a note, I sure didn't hear it.

My menu changed. I was tired so we stopped at the super and picked up potato salad, a cellophane package of Caesar salad, and two small cakes (with Light Whipped Cream of course). With the baked beans and ham, everyone was happy, especially me. The idea of actually pouring and stirring and all that was a little too much. Sometimes it's good to be a little flexible by nature.

The girls had a great time with their Zip-loc Easter baskets. More candy than they needed but they always share it around and some gets saved for another day or two.

Lazy day otherwise. Watched some of the baseball game (Giants won) and played bingo with the girls. Elcie won two games straight, one a blackout. They had wanted Pictionary but I said another day. Bingo was a compromise - it doesn't take a lot of thinking and yelling.

Watched West Wing (always). It's running down and has been for a while but I'll hang in until the end. Three episodes to go.

I've been hearing from some of you in the later time zones (almost everyone is later than California) about your days too. Sounds like a good Easter for all so far.

Take care - kids on vacation for the next seven days which means no homework or early hours to deal with. Of course the tradeoff is seven days of kids. Nothing is ever free.

Good night all-

16 comments:

DA said...

Sleep well Ann

Andrea said...

yes sleep well,
just popping by inbetween class, lovely easter!! I havent celebrated easter in 6 years, hmmm always loved eaters feast. Soon to change. next year will be great!!

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Ann,

My daughter went to church with my mother and step-dad and she told me that they had bells too. She said they were very nice and fun to listen to, and one girl drop her bells. My daughter felt sorry for her as she seemed embaressed.

I hope you and your family had a lovely Easter.

Janice~

Merle said...

Dear Ann ~~ As I will be travelling on
19th April, let me wish you a very happy birthday. I hope you have a lovely day
and maybe even a few gifts. You are such a gift to us that you deserve to get some. I am glad you enjoyed Easter, and hope you are not as tired now. A very
Happy Birthday Ann. Cheers, Merle.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Happy Easter ... the photos are wonderful, thank you for sharing.
Take care, Meow

Madcap said...

It's been a long, long time since I heard a handbell choir. How lovely!

lindsaylobe said...

Hi Ann
I hope Ray is okay. From what you have written it sounds like you have enjoyed Easter.

Bellringers are wonderful, as we experienced their accompaniment at Christmas singing Carols.

Best wishes

Kendra Lynn said...

sounds like you all had a nice day. That's great. :)
Hope you slept well, too.

Kendra

Gina said...

A-ha! Merle (thanks Merle!) tipped me off that your birthday is in two days!

Any big plans? Even if they are next week?

I am all about flexibility for meals.

Anvilcloud said...

Seven days eh? You all could create a world or something.

Jo said...

Yawn.... I hope you got some sleep! Even with your shortcuts, your weekend was soooo busy! The bell choir sounds lovely, I really enjoy those when I get to hear them.

JBlue said...

Sounds like a lovely Easter to me. Take care.

Gawdessness said...

I love bell choirs, maybe it is time to suggest one for kids at our church!

Sounds like the meal was excellent! Mmmmmmm.
We were too overwhelmed by sugar rushes to cook our ham yesterday, so it is in the slow cooker with potatoes as I type, going to go and drizzle some honey mustard sauch over it soon.

Take care whole family and hope they all enjoy their spring break.

Lionmom said...

I love bell choirs, too. Sounds like a peaceful day! Our dinner came together a lot like yours and it was still good!

eyes_only4him said...

i LOVE the bell choir..they sound so angelic..(well some anyway..haha)

cake with whipped cream sounds good right about now..

gald you guys had a great easter granny:)

mreddie said...

Sounds like you folks had a great Easter - I'm happy for you. It's been years since I've heard a handbell choir. Our Easter service was a drama - very effective. ec