Please sign my Guestbook.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

The House is Almost Empty

Elcie and Rochelle went to visit a friend early this afternoon and are spending the night. Rebecca was visiting with my friend and her daughter most of the afternoon.

It was so quiet. Of course they're gone during the day when school is in session but this was different; it's a weekend and they've been hanging around the entire week. I decided to take a leisurely bubble bath, ran the water, and then discovered that one of them had used something oily in the tub and I almost broke a leg right then and there. Managed to wipe enough of what it was to crawl in and out but it sure took any idea of relaxation out of my head. I think they might have decided to dump in some lotion. Rebecca says no and I'm waiting to ask Rochelle. If she did it, she gets to drag out the cleanser and scrub the tub (even though I had done most of it, it's the principle that counts).

Number 1 cat is staring at me from the doorway looking for an opportunity to head for my pillow without my spotting her. She'll probably succeed - she's sneaky.

The woman on the motorcycle in the comments is Laurie, a mom from the Detroit suburbs.

Welcome to j., (not to be confused with L.) although that's where I first ran across "j". Everyone follow that? J. is a mom, lives in the San Francisco Bay area, and likes Mozart. Obviously, I was hooked.

If I missed responding to any of the comments over the last couple of days, consider this a thank you to all. Ray still doing okay (Yes I know I've said that before, usually the day before he went back into hospital). Same if I missed welcoming anyone; sometimes I lose track and I'm way behind on the blogroll. Not a hint, my trusted friend Andrea - you should be focused on your major project right now and I should learn how to do it.

For anyone who doesn't know, Andrea in Japan will soon be Andrea back home in Canada with husband and daughter (and all those shoes). I'm sure the last thing to be packed will be her computer.

The storm predicted for last night never completely materialized although Lady Jan, one county south, reported strong winds. Now they're saying dry and calm with temps in the high 60's to low 70's. I can live with that.

I think my son Jim has fixed my stubborn camera. The only problem is he borrowed it to do so. (He put in batteries and must have the magic touch because it worked fine for him.) Now I have to remind him to bring it back - not an easy thing. Their granddaughter was being baptized and they wanted pictures they didn't have to wait for. For any of you who don't know, they're expecting their own baby in May so their grandchild will be older than the baby. The baby is an uncle the minute he pops out. My youngest son Tim is not a lot older than my oldest grandchild (girls' dad) so I have very little room to talk.

We have a new meme (very little thinking involved) right below this post. A couple of people have responded already.

Giants won today. Barry, the person most people love to hate, hit his first home run of the season.

With that exciting announcement (hi fellow Giants fan Mollie), it's time for me to stop rambling.

Good night all.

14 comments:

Jen said...

Yikes! I am so sorry you didn't actually break a leg! Holy cow!

Knock on wood for Ray, Ann. Knock on wood.

Merle said...

Hi Ann ~~ Nice to be back on the air. I am at Peter's place for another night; Got here yesterday and have been playing
computers and talking. Having a wonderful trip and enjoying it all. Will put a post on later. Keep well, and take care of Ray and the girls. Sorry about your bubble bath! Cheers, Merle.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Ann,

That stuff in the bath sounds like baby oil, or maybe some sort of bath oil--yikes! I''m glad you weren't hurt.

I Hope Ray continues to do well, and he can stay out of the hospital.

Oh yes, the storm did come through here at exactly 1:15 it rain suddenly for 20 minutes then stopped, but no hail though.

Enjoy your alone time it's usually over all too soon.

Janice~

Rowan Dawn said...

I am used to my mornings to myself. it was wierd having them here this morning. we rearanged the house so they were all down in the computer/bedroom/tv and xbox room with me. I rejoiced when they left. Ain't that bad?

ipodmomma said...

I was just thinking the other day about Jim's coming baby... wow, next month already? where has the time gone???

have a good sleep....

grannyfiddler said...

there's far TOO much quiet time at my house. i'm afraid i'm envious of your busy family times. though i know times of solitude are precious to you, much needed and deserved. raising children is exhausting for YOUNG folks. much more so for those of us who are the mums of the mums. many blessings on you all. and many Mozart filled, long leisurely oil-free baths to you

Anonymous said...

It's odd being in a quiet house when you're used to the opposite. It's also very nice. But only for a little while. After a bit I begin missing the everyday sounds that my family makes--even if sometimes it's screaming! :)

Glad Ray is still feeling OK. Hopefully it'll stay that way for a while.

eyes_only4him said...

I once put some bath oil in my tub, and then I cold not get out it was so slippery...dang crap..

hope ray gets feeling better..

Kendra Lynn said...

I hate bath oil beads...wayyyy too slippery. Stick with teh bubble bath, girlies! It is so much safer. :)
Hope your weekend was a nice one.

Kendra

Tina said...

The hot bath is a nightly ritual for me, even in mid-summer.

Glad Ray's doing all right. I keep him and you in my thoughts daily.

Gina said...

Goodness, I haven't had a bath in YEARS. Lucky you, although I am sure you could have done without your life flashing before your eyes as you stepped in.

Again, fingers crossed for Ray.

Thanks for your intesting tid-bits (get it? ;)) on my blog! I was going to write about some of the things you and other people brought up, but I thought it would be sort of straying and getting too long if I included everything.

Ava said...

Glad to hear that you weren't injured in your bath tub incident. I've slipped in baby oil before ... it's no fun at all!!!

Sarah Elaine said...

I hope you get to enjoy that relaxing bubble bath sometime soon. You deserve it.

Turtle Guy said...

I had much the same experience a few years ago... slipped in the tub, bruised my ribs and ended up in the Emergency instead of the restaurant. My date actually took me to the hospital!