Please sign my Guestbook.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away

It's eased up to drizzles but they're expected to continue through Friday. Merced and six other counties were finally declared disaster areas by the state today.

Which is rather how I feel. Kidding of course, I'm just a little tired. We're watching the first half of a mini-series of The Ten Commandments. In addition to space stuff, Ray loves the Biblical epics. Elcie does too so we're taping it for her. I don't think old Cecil B. DeMille would have much to worry about if he were still around. Or maybe it's just me. It's been running for 1-1/2 hours and so far they haven't even left for the Red Sea. They've turned Moses into an overanxious worrywart (maybe he was, I don't know).

Ray still doing well although I'm almost afraid to say that out loud. Girls asleep (of course). Elcie has finished her standardized tests (boo, hiss) but still has a homework free week as reward. They will have 10 days off beginning Saturday. The next county down (or at least some of their schools) are off this week.

Looks like Rochelle will be in the same school as Elcie next year. We're been working on it and on trying to get Rebecca there as well. The neighborhood school they would normally attend is the worst (as far as I'm concerned) of the four middle schools in the city.

I'd like to keep Rochelle and Rebecca in the same school even though they'll be in different classes because Rochelle will stay in special day classes. Just the logistics of two different middle schools makes me shudder. Elcie is transported door to door. I'd have to take Rochelle over to her elementary school to catch a bus for the same middle school as Elcie because she can't ride on the "wheelchair" bus. Then, if Rebecca can't be with them, I'd have to drive her to Hoover, the neighborhood school. If I have to do that, I might as well drive all three, I hope they can work something out.

Well, if I wasn't tired before I am now just thinking about all that.

Left you a meme on the post below this.

Take care.

2 comments:

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Ann,

I'm glad Ray for now is doing well.
I hope you get your wish and all three girls end up at the same school, all that driving sounds tiring.

Take care,
Janice~

lindsaylobe said...

It never rains in California
It pours !! Sounds as if your had quite enough of it !!
As a child I remember experiencing bucket loads of rain swelling the River close by and leading to extensive flooding. I might do a post soon about it with some photos.

Its good to hear Ray is Ok and I hope your soon to have the schooling "sorted".

Best wishes


4/10/2006 11:20:05 PM