YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2006 WHEN...
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers for your family of 3.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5 Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that
they don't have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if
anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the
first 20 or 30 (or 60) years in your life, is now cause for panic and you
turn around to go get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this
14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this
AND NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself.
And from Caitlin in the comments:
16. You don't keep up with your family and friends because they don't have an RSS feed, and you never can remember to check their infrequently updated web page.
I'd seen a few of these, but not the entire list. Of course, online first, coffee second.
And I'm ashamed to admit I call my house from the car for help (but usually from a few blocks away).
Thanks to one of my friends whose name is on the blogroll and who knows who he is.
(Leave me a comment if you want credit - I'll be happy to acknowledge).