Please sign my Guestbook.

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Not Much of Anything

But first, welcome to wolfbaby who has been blogging for a couple of months now. She doesn't have a Profile up so I can't tell you too much about her except I know she's a mom and she has two blogs. Oh, and she thought the WD40 story was funny. That's good enough for me. Glad everyone else enjoyed it too.

The girls are back home. They'd wanted to spend a second night but changed their minds. I took them all to the $.99 store today to spend $2.00 each while I stocked up on things I can't find anywhere but there.

Let's see. Took Tim to work, picked up girls (without getting lost this time), went to store, and came home. My exciting life once again.

Ray had started chicken cooking while I was gone (involved one cookie sheet and one oven) and I finished up. First asparagus of the year (on sale - only way I will buy it). Rice, peas, and sliced avocado. Raspberry sherbet for dessert a little later.

It's only 10:00 but it seems like the end of a long day. Still hot here. Elcie's asleep, the other two are in the living room settling down for sleep. Tomorrow, I'll move them back to the bedroom. They do have beds, honest.

Not inspiring at all - really time for bed for me I think. Good night.

10 comments:

ipodmomma said...

funny, how kids can be set on one thing, then it's all changed...

but the dollar store is always a fun treat! every time we went to FL to see Peter's folks, that was the big request from the kids. :)))

have a good evening and sleep...

oshee said...

Asparagus sound wonderful. I think I will need to pick some up.

The dollar store is wonderful isn't it? Where else can I make all my kids happy for $5 (plus tax)?

Merle said...

Hi Ann ~~ Thanks for your visit and mentioning my Wd -Duct tape story on
your blog. I used to love those Cheap
shops in the past, and some of their stuff is good. Good for Ray, starting dinner. Take care, Merle.

shade said...

Hey thanks for mentioning me:) thats sweet of you...!!! Gotta love the dollar store. The kids love it and you have the great joy of knowing you didn't spend a fortune on what they are fixing to breat LOL

shade said...

that was meant to be break

*Tanyetta* said...

I looove the Dollar Store! We're having a get together for our mommies group (table cloths, napkins, the whole kit and kaboodle (is that how you spell it?) Woo Hoo......

Do you have a really easy and yummy recipe for drumsticks? I want to make tangy, sticky, spicy chicken tomorrow. They were on sale at Vons soooo I had to pick up the bag.

TMI= Asparagus makes my urine smell funny. Ok I know that was TMI but, thought I'd share it. Feel free to delete this part at any given time! LOL

Carole Burant said...

Hi Ann...your day sounded as exciting as mine! lol It's funny you should mention the dollar store (well you said .99 cent store lol) because I was there yesterday and there was a whole bunch of little kids with their parents buying stuff like pails and shovels for the beach:-) I bought a few garden fairies to put in my potted plants...gotta love that store! As for asparagus...believe it or not but I've never tried that veggie! Corn was about the only veggie I'd eat while growing up but now I also love carrots, peas, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli...I guess will have to try asparagus one day!!

Susie said...

Hi Ann,
I was just over visiting Tammy and followed your comment here! Hope you don't mind me dropping in! I'm from the SF Bay Area, so we're not too far. Sounds like you're way hotter there than us.
If you don't mind, I'll stop in again.
:-) Sue

TJ said...

Morning Granny,
I tried asparagus and to me it had an odd look of greenbeans but tasted like corn :-}

JBlue said...

No stowaways this time?