Please sign my Guestbook.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

St. Jude's - Update (and Updated Again

My friend Heather who lives near Elk Grove (Sacramento, CA area) (yes I do have a few friends who don't live in my computer) sent me this message today.

I don't know how many of you eat at Chili's or would be interested but I believe in the work St. Jude's does so I'm posting it here for anyone who's interested.

The closest Chili's to my house is 25 miles down the road but we still might try for it.

Another update. One of my visitors was concerned that this might be interpreted as 100% of the restaurant tab. Not so. As the press release and the post says, it's 100% of the profits; still a generous contribution.

Update: It occurred to me I should verify this. Here's the link to the Chili's Press Release

This is from a friend of mine. I am sending it to all of you in hopes you will join me September 25th I will be at the Chilis in Elk Grove, but you can go to your nearest Chilis and join me in spirit.
St. Jude Night at Chilis

Nick Avery was a St. Jude patient until August 25, 2006 when his life ended suddenly due to an unexpected complication from leukemia. Please help children and teens like Nick who are still fighting for their lives. How can you help? Simply by taking your family out to dinner at Chilis.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is undergoing an expansion that includes the Chilis Care Center which will house more inpatient rooms and research. Chilis guests nationwide can be a part of this meaningful campaign by donating $1 or more throughout the month of September to color a pinup of the signature Chilis pepper. In addition, patrons can purchase Create a Pepper t-shirts from Chilis that can be customized with permanent marker to fit their individual style. New this year are Create a Pepper gift cards, which offer a means of giving to those you love while giving back. Chilis will donate $1 to St. Jude for every $25 purchased in Create a Pepper gift cards. Patrons also are encouraged to eat at their local Chilis on Monday, Sept. 25, when Chilis will donate 100% of its profits from restaurant sales to St. Jude.

Join us on Sept. 25 to honor Nicks memory and to help other children continue their fight by eating at Chilis. Visit www.createapepper.com to find the Chilis restaurant in your neighborhood.

(Our family and friends are helping to promote this special night at Chili's. You can eat at the Chili's restaurant closest to you on Monday, September 25 anywhere in the country and 100% of your bill will go to St. Jude. Please eat at Chili's this night in honor of Nick or another child that you may know who has had or is still battling cancer. Thank you!)

12 comments:

JunieRose2005 said...

That sounds like an excellent chance to get my husband to take me out for a good meal! I'll try and remember that date!


Junie

jel said...

Hi
I'm glad you got friends that arn't just online! :)


hope all is well your way!

Anonymous said...

Sounds great, except we don't have a Chili's. I'd have to go to Nashville. For that, I could write St. Judes a check and be of more help.

I do write them a check, every year. I have since Drew was born and I realized what those families must be going through.

Puss-in-Boots said...

What a great idea - I hope they raise heaps of money for a very worthwhile cause. We don't have Chili's in Australia, but McDonald's have some great ideas for raising money at various times.

All the best for your fundraising.

Keep well

Robyn

Susie said...

We don't have a Chili's here either, but I think there's one about 25 miles away.
100% of their take even for one night is an amazing donation!

Arwen said...

I am not a fan of Chili's but I am a strong advocate to support leukemia research and care. I am there on 9/25.

Gina said...

St. Jude Childrens Hospitals are wonderful, wonderful charities to support.

If it's 100% of the bill, I am so there.

Kendra Lynn said...

Oooh..that is so cool. Chili's is very good with charities.

Kendra

Anonymous said...

Hello Ann ~~ That is great that Chilis do that for the hospital. Wonderful.
I hope Elcie's foot gets better and does not require treatment she has had so much. I am still having problems. I
put the same post on both blogs, but Herons Nest muck it up, so I will stay
with Third Try for the time being. I am
getting very frustrated. Is Ray OK ?
Take care my friend, Love, Merle.

Anonymous said...

thats pretty honorable of chilli's to do that. wow

jw said...

Carefull. Chlli's is not donating 100% of the bill, but just the profits. Quote from their press release: "Patrons also are encouraged to eat at their local Chili's on Monday, Sept. 25, when Chili's will donate 100 percent of its profits from restaurant sales to St. Jude."

I will plan for an outing on that Monday.

Sothis said...

Too bad they are no Chili's here--St.Jude's is my favorite charity. They do wonderful things for kids--and parents only pay what they can (if anything). Thanks for posting this!