Please sign my Guestbook.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

World AIDS Day

Tim sent me this two days ago and I haven't been able to post it because of the modem/net problems.

It's a very small thing to do and costs nothing but a little time.

As World AIDS Day approaches (Dec. 1), we are reminded that millions of people need our help with the AIDS pandemic, but we often think, "What can I do?"

Here is one simple way you can help, and it costs you nothing but a moment and a mouse click...

Bristol Myers Squibb will donate $1 for every person who goes to their web site and lights a candle to fight AIDS, up to a max of $100,000 (chump change for them, but I'll take it). At this point, the counter is just over 31,000... so we need many more candles lit.



Please light a candle... and help spread the light.
Click Here To Spread the Light

https://www.lighttounite.org/

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Over 211,000
Perhaps they will up the ante.

Atasha said...

I just lit mine. I think I will post this link on my mommy group message board.

Thanks Ann

Peter said...

A very worthwhile cause Ann, hope Carol is doing better.

PEA said...

What a wonderful idea...I'm on my way now to light one too!!

Alice said...

I just lit mine. It's a great idea, and I'll link to RRG with a quick explanation when I post later so that others can do it to.

...I mean, ok, I get about 1 or 2 comments per day in contrast to your 50, but still, just in case, right?

In case I don't get to talk to you, have a great weekend.

:-)

xxx

Madcap said...

I clicked it, Gran!

venessa said...

ann, can I be a pessimist? $100,000 only treats about 125 Africans out of the 28 M who have the disease. So this donation from a company that makes $4.5 billion a year, and who produces AIDS drugs, is pretty disappointing. Can you tell I am feeling ornery today? LOL.

tatootim said...

I agree Vanessa hopefully 400,000 plus signatures will mean something

Mary P. said...

Have you ever heard of Stephen Lewis? Formerly a Canadian politician, he was for several years the UN AIDS Envoy in Africa. Lewis has always been a passionate man; when he came ended his tenure in Africa, his passion was rooted in fury.

He runs the Stephen Lewis Foundation to help combat AIDS in Africa. Last year, he gave a searing series of lectures. You can hear the first one here. (See hhe dark block with his picture? The link is in the section below that. "Listen to Part One of Race Against Time")

Amazing man.