Please sign my Guestbook.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Day After Birthday Photos








We decided to not try for the birthday dinner so Dawn brought me a cake and everybody sang. We found a leftover "9" candle and used 6 regular candles. Everyone can tell that means 69, right? And I didn't have to burn the house down lighting them.

We'd just finished up the cake when Tim called from work to tell me my oldest granddaughter (Jim's oldest child) was at the store and could I drop in? I gathered up Rochelle and Rebecca and we went. Elcie was visiting a friend and missed it. Had a great time catching up with Samantha who will be 18 in July and will graduate from high school this year.

I can always keep up with her birthday. She was born one week and two days after Ray and I married and shares a birthday with my brother. She was one of the most beautiful newborns I've ever seen and she's grown into a lovely young woman. She's just as sweet as she is beautiful (I'm a granny so I can say that of course). I don't see enough of her and her two brothers (3 brothers counting little Jonathan). They stay so busy. With summer coming up though, maybe we'll see more of each other. She wants to spend some time with her cousins. I'd like that too.

The girls were thrilled. They've always adored their older cousins. The two boys were at middle school with Elcie but, by the time Rochelle and Rebecca started this year, the youngest, Michael, had moved on to high school. Elcie will be in a different high school so she won't be seeing the boys on campus.

Anyhow, it made for a nice day after birthday surprise.

I'm putting the pictures on last so I don't know how they'll show up. The first one should be the cake with the teddy bear and flowers Dawn's 6 year old daughter, Destiny, bought me with her own allowance. The others are Samantha by herself; Samantha with Rochelle and Rebecca; and Rebecca with our neighbor Dennis (Dawn's brother-in-law), and Ray. I took some other pictures but they didn't turn out. I was having trouble with the flash on a couple and on the other I had the camera too high. Didn't even get the tops of their heads. Meantime, the candles were burning away and melting the frosting so I couldn't keep trying. Oh well.

Well, it took me three tries but the pictures all posted, if not in the order described. I'd better quit while I'm ahead. Update: I just looked at the published version and see those little squares that might mean the pics showed up twice even though I see only one of each. I have no idea what's going on but I'm going to settle for what I have right now.

Thanks for all the comments and have a great weekend everyone.

Update: 8:14 p.m.

I DID IT!! ALL BY MYSELF!!

My picture and email are now on the sidebar. I like the one of Elcie and me in her middle school classroom (about a year ago) so that's what we're going with for now. My hair is much shorter today but not much else has changed.

I may do some rearranging to get my pic and the girls together but this was enough creativity for one night.

Update: Thanks, Angela for doing that for me.

As for the email address, it's not a link but it is correct. When I figure out how to bring up a compose page by clicking on the email address, I'll change it. For the moment, I'm patting myself on the back for not zapping the blog one more time.

Update: Angela can't figure it out either so we'll leave the email address as is. At least it's there.

27 comments:

Susan said...

Glad you had a nice 69th.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

I'm glad you had someone to help celebrate your birthday with, Ann. Looks like y'all had a nice time.

I'm packing to go camping at Lake Poinsett State park at Harrisburg. You might remember where it is from when you lived in Jonesboro. I'll be leaving Saturday and be back sometime Sunday.

Have a great weekend!

Love and hugs,

Diane

Susie said...

Looks like it was a fun party! I can see all the pictures just fine!!
Yay for you getting your pic in the sidebar!!
((hugs))

Gina said...

Sounds lovely and good for you for getting all that in your sidebar!

clairesgarden said...

its late but I'd still like to wish you a 'happy, happy birthday!!'
many blessings

Peter said...

Congratulations Ann, it's nice to have a victory every now and again over the computer spirits.

Meow (aka Connie) said...

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday, Ann. Sorry I didn't drop by on the day.
Have a great weekend.
Take care, Meow

JunieRose2005 said...

Ann,


Happy you had some good family times!


Junie

Anvilcloud said...

Just letting you know, you have the trio three times and the cake twice.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Looks like one fun party

Carmen San Diego said...

Love the pictures. Have a great weekend.

tiffini elektra x said...

Looks like a fabulous time - and that cake looks so Yummy!

Puss-in-Boots said...

Yum, chocolate cake. Save me a piece?

Glad you had a lovely time with your family, Ann.

Your girls are beautiful and they're going to be stunning when they've finished growing.

Margaret said...

Glad you had such a Happy Birthday celebration with those you love around you. I am sorry I missed giving you proper birthday greeting at the correct time. I wish you many many more happy birthdays.
Cheers and Hugs Margaret

HORIZON said...

Wanted to pop by and say Happy Birthday to you. Looks like you had a great time and the pics turned out fine- no doubles either :).
The photos of the girls in the sidebar are lovely- they are growing up fast!
Much love and bests xx

lushgurl said...

I love it that you can do more stuff on your blog without deleting it! I remember Jobthingy and Maven banning me from the template when I first started blogging LOL.Oh I sent you an e-mail on Friday, hope you enjoy it- it just seemed to fit with the theme!!!
love and HUGS

Gail said...

I glad to hear you had a nice b-day surprise. The years seem to go by faster every year. I remember when I couldn't wait to be 18 and now all of a sudden I'm going to be 55 in August.

Unknown said...

Good show, Granny! I appreciate the pics. I really miss kids' parties (and chocolate cakes).

Jenn said...

Granny,
Great pictures. Happy Belated Birthday to the Birthday girl.

As for email, it's in the same place where you change your profile picture. (dashboard, edit profile, email)...if you prefer to have it stand alone, make sure you change the wording so you don't get inundated with junk mail from webbots that look for websites with email addresses.

ann.adams95340(AT)gmail(DOT COM) works well.

Madcap said...

Happy Birthday!

Pat said...

Well done - lovely post and pictures. Isn't it great when it works and hell when it doesn't. caake looks yummy!

mreddie said...

First I miss AC and Cuppa's grandchild birthing and now your birthday - I need to be less busy! Cute photos and happy belated birthday. ec

Lauren said...

Glad you had a happy birthday!

I like the new pics on your blog! u

Andrea said...

oh my!! I did mean KICK ass grandma.
oops.
Love you Ann!!!!

Midori said...

Belated happy birthday!!! Looks like you had a great day! That cake looks yummy!!!

Kendra Lynn said...

There was no place to post a comment on your latest post, so I hope you get this one.
I'm glad you had a nice day...sure sounds nice to me!
I am still praying for Carol.
I hope that the meds they give her can at least help take the edge off the pain.
You are in my prayers as well.

Keep in touch when you can.

Kendra

Rowan Dawn said...

Well happy belated birthday!! I like the side bar, it is very neat and clean looking!

I might know how to make your email address a link.. lemme know if you want some help.

ttyl!