Please sign my Guestbook.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Is It Okay to Say Happy Birthday to Me?





Probably. It's my blog after all. I'll be 69 tomorrow. It's about time to begin counting backwards but then I remember saying that same thing at 39, 49, and 59.

My friend is planning on having us to dinner and baking a cake. Should be fun.

Our 3 little kittens have their blue eyes wide open, their bat ears standing up, and their paws into everything. We'll have them for another 3 or 4 weeks before they go on to their new homes (I hope). I'll have the momma kitty spayed somehow. The last time this happened, I took the momma and kittens to the no-kill shelter. She isn't my cat but she doesn't seem to be anyone else's so it should be my decision.

My friend Dawn (same one who's cooking the dinner) and I went to see Carol today. It was too painful to write about now. Maybe later or maybe not. She wants to see me but it makes her feel worse instead of better. I signed yet another directive since Carol isn't capable now of doing it for herself.

Elcie's home from school and I'm waiting for the other two to show up. They should be racing in just about now. She's angry because she brought home work I don't understand. She wants to know how I got through high school. She yelled, I left the kitchen after telling her my high school days ended in 1955, I've never had occasion to use that kind of math, and her yelling at me doesn't help me remember where to start.

She'll get over it and so will I. The school year is winding down and we're all tired. She brought home a lesson the other day and said the teacher didn't understand what the lesson was about. The teacher is a mentor, has a Master's and she doesn't understand it but I'm supposed to? Something's wrong with that picture.

I think my internet just went down again so I'm going to copy this and paste it to Word which doesn't require the net to function. The modem looks fine but my gmail icon has a big exclamation point in the middle. I still haven't figured out why I can't view some pictures but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Picasa somehow.

Speaking of email, I still haven't fixed the sidebar to show my email address. It's ann.adams95340@gmail.com if any of you don't have it and would like it. Haven't posted my picture either but I'll get to it eventually. Maybe.

I've fixed the makings for BLT's (with avocado) tonight. The girls are old enough to assemble their own. Spaghetti tomorrow (special request from Elcie and 3 yea votes from the rest of the crew). Elcie's two favorite meals are spaghetti and tuna glop. I could serve them on alternate days all week, every week and she'd never complain.

Update: I'm continuing this a little after 5:00 p.m. Girls home, everyone has eaten, and Elcie has forgiven me. She brought me one kitten at a time to pose for the pictures. It looks like I'll have to try a separate post for kitten #3 - it didn't come through here.

Hope by now most if not all of you are having a break from the rain and snow that's been affecting most of this country and Canada. Australia's enjoying autumn of course.

Thanks to all for the comments. Please understand I'm reading them all even if I don't respond personally.

Take care everyone.

37 comments:

Carissa said...

Happy Birthday!

I'm off to our state PTA convention this weekend. First time.....I'm sure it will be interesting!

Unknown said...

I wish you a Happy Birthday and I'll even add a Celtic blessing:

May there always be work for your hands to do.
May your purse always hold a coin or two.
May the sun always shine on your windowpane.
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain.
May the hand of a friend always be near you.
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.

Susie said...

Happy Birthday Ann!
I know this is a very difficult time for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you..
x0

Patty said...

Happy Birthday Ann,
I hope you have a wonderful day!

(PS..The kittens are adorable)

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Happy 69th, Ann. :-)

The kittens are so cute! I love cats, and especially kittens. I have 2, though, and that's more than enough. I'm thinking when these 2 pass on I won't be getting anymore. We'll see...

I'm praying for you and yours, and for Carol.

Love and hugs to you, my friend.

Diane

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

Atasha said...

Happy Early Birthday Ann! Again sorry to hear things are not that great with Carol. Prayers to you and the family.

Those kittens are the cutest. Not that I'd ever want one again. No ma'am

The Rainbow Zebra said...

Happy happy Birthday!!! ((((((Granny)))))) Sending lots of love to one of my favorite bloggers and online friends :)

Stephanie said...

Just after midnight here so happy birthday :)

mo-wo said...

No way... let US SAY
happy birthday to you
happy birthday to you
happy birthday Dear GRANNY!
happy birthday to YOU!

The Mama said...

Happy Birthday Ann!!! I hope you have a wonderful day.

We are sending out prayers for your entire family and for Carols comfort.

And those kittens.....way too cute! The little gray tabby is my absolute favorite variety of cat, my very first cat was a gray tabby and he was so wonderful!

Take care,
Alice

oshee said...

Happy Birthday Ann!

I'd coo over the kittens too if I didn't have a stray's litter right outside my bedroom window. Gonna have to do some home finding soon. I don't want the feral cat community growing any more around here.

*Tanyetta* said...

happy birthday granny :)

Pat said...

Many Happy Returns Ann. You are still a youngster! May you have a happy healthy year. Re Picasa I tried four times this morning to publish a photo - went back to bed and have just managed to do it. Very odd!

Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday dear Ann!! I wish you all the very best on your special day:-) I'm leaving for a few days but wanted to pop in to whish you a Happy Birthday first...I've posted a card for you on my blog! hehe Take care my friend and I'll see you when I get back. xoxo

Susan said...

Happy 69th you've caught up with me. Don't know how you deal with what you do but I admire you for it.

Baba said...

Good Morning Ann,.....Wishing you a big Happy Birthday....I got your name from Pea's blog.Now you will be on my list to visit... Baba

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Granny, and ((hugs)) for you and the girls and Carol.

Hey, my word verification is annhbd. Ann Happy Birthday?? :-)

karrie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN!!!!!

:)

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Beautiful cats. Happy Birthday to You!

JunieRose2005 said...

Happy Birthday Ann!

Junie

Gawdess said...

Happy Birthday Ann!

I am sorry for the pain, both you and your daughter's but hope that you will be able to enjoy your dinner and cake.


We have snow, it is pretty, soft and peaceful - I send those wishes to you .

Peter said...

Happy Birthday Ann, and many more no matter which direction they're going in.

Merle said...

Dear Ann ~~ Happy, happy, birthday.
I hope you had a nice day and enjoyed your dinner and cake. Sorry about your visits to Carol beig so very
upsetting for you. Take care, dear friend Love, Merle.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!


Trey (Papa)

-A said...

Happy Birthday!


*psst* This was your 1001st post! that's a lot of posts! *psst*

Ann said...

Happy, happy, happy, happy birthday!!! Hope you have a wonderful birthday.
I'm sorry that Carol is having such a terrible time. My heart breaks for you to have to deal with that. My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Woot! Happy Birthday!

Peggy said...

Have a very happy birthday!!! love your blog. i just popped over from peas

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Ann!!!
That blt with avacado sounds yummy!

grannyfiddler said...

happiest of birthdays to you, granny no-fiddle. here's Gaelic blessing for you

lang mae yer lung reek
an mae the wee moosie
naer liv yer kiln wi a
tair en is ee

translation:
long may your chimney smoke
and may the wee mousie
never leave your cupboard
with a tear in his eye

Heart of Rachel said...

Hi Ann. I just came from Pea's blog and wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday! May you have many blessings on this special day. Take care!

Puss-in-Boots said...

A very happy birthday to you, Ann. I'm sorry things are difficult for you at the moment. I'm praying for you and your family.

Big hug

PS; Beautiful little kittens, too

Tim said...

love you momma happy Birthday

thordora said...

HAPPY DAY! You and my Dad are the same age!

Val said...

Hi Ann,

haven't dropped by for a while, and now I see you are celebrating your birthday, as well as coping with your usual myriad number of challenges. Understanding the maths that kids do these days? Ha! That stopped for me before they left primary school!

Hope you had a Happy Birthday, Ann.

Hootin Anni said...

Cute, cute kittens Ann!

And I hope you had a great birthday. My hubby was 69 on the 18th!!!