Please sign my Guestbook.

Friday, June 08, 2007

BlogHers Act

My online friends, Cooper and Emily are activists.

They're extremely involved in Moms Rising and now they're asking for help with "BlogHers" Act.

I received this email a couple of days ago and I'm copying it for any of you women who may not be aware of BlogHer or what they're trying to do this year.

Dear Friends,

With BlogHer.org (an amazing association of women bloggers with 11,000+ members), we just kicked off an exciting project and want to make sure you know all about it!

It's called BlogHers Act and it's a year-long campaign to harness the power of women online to do two things:

1. Make a difference on a global issue.

2. Identify the top four issues that women online want the U.S. Presidential candidates to address in order to win their votes in the '08 election.

Go to our blog, Been There and to BlogHer.org to learn more about the project, and to tell us what you'd like to see BlogHer.org's 11,000 bloggers and their extended communities get behind for the next year, and what topics the Presidential candidates should address in order to get your vote in '08.

Please jump right in and tell this community what matters most to you. We really look forward to hearing from you and hope you'll forward this to your friends!

Best regards and many thanks,

Cooper and Emily

our email: cooper-emily@themotherhood.com
our blog: www.beenthere.typepad.com
our website: www.themotherhood.com
BlogHer.org: www.blogher.org

P.S. Margaret Mead said "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Just imagine what great things are possible through this project. We hope you weigh in.

I joined BlogHer (finally) after I received the email although it isn't necessary to do so or even to have a blog to make suggestions.

And, as Cooper & Emily requested, I'm forwarding their letter to my friends in the most efficienet way I know.

The deadline is June 15.

11 comments:

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Ann, do you NEVER stop? I am in awe of you, yet again!

Puss-in-Boots said...

Sounds pretty awesome, Ann. It's amazing what a small band of determined individuals can achieve. I hope it is successful.

How are you?

Merle said...

Hi Ann ~~ Thanks for the comments
and birthday wishes for John. I hope your Jim had a great day also.
English sure is a tricky language and as you say, it varies even in section of the same country.
Keep well Ann, and take care, Love,
Merle.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I to just join blogher still learning my way around.
Just did what issue need to be addressed and post it on my blog and over at blogher.
Hope I did it right.

Merle said...

Hi again Ann ~~ Thanks for yur comments and the extra "Insults"
The elevator that doesn't go all the way to the top and the family tree without a fork in it. I like Jeff
Foxworthy. Take care, my friend
Hope all is well at home. Love, Merle.

Ava said...

Hope you ahve a geat weekend and all is well.

Rowan Dawn said...

Oh, I try very very hard to stay as uniformed and unpolitically correct as possible. But good luck with that! Someone has to do it!!!

Hope you're having a great summer!

Turtle Guy said...

Considering the subject matter, it may not be my place to say anything here, simply dropping in to see how you're doing...

Unknown said...

Margaret Mead was so right. However, it takes a lot of courage and dedication to do it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming by my blog with your great story about SF in the Sixties and getting "hitched". The idea that a minister wouldn't marry a woman in pants amazes me...and makes me a little sick. I've never had the guts to attend BlogHer. Maybe one day...

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.