Please sign my Guestbook.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Guest Book (see below) and Other Things

I have no idea what I'm doing with the Guest Book but it looks like fun and they seem to be making the rounds.

Sorry I haven't updated more. Our days run together and not much exciting is happening.

After a shaky start, Elcie is enjoying her "school" which seems to be primarily a dance class for wheelchair kids. They'll be giving a performance on the 29th and I'll be there. I've already written about their trip to the Mall. This past week they all trooped out to Merced (junior) College and ate lunch there. It will give Elcie something to think about after graduation from high school four years from now. The University is out of reach financially but the Junior College might be manageable.

Rochelle's doing fine with her summer school too but then she always does.

And Ray continues to do well, in spite of our high 90's weather. It's not even summer yet!!

As for me, I'm okay but still can't seem to summon up much energy. I do the necessary but not a lot else. I do think I'll get out of the house for a little while this afternoon. We're out of juice (horrors) and I may pick up a few other things and then stop by and see Tim at Barnes & Noble.

I was wrong about Melissa's (dil) due date. Now they're saying mid to late November and it will be another boy. Tim's birthday is the 22nd and he's telling Melissa she must hold off until then so he and latest nephew will share a birthday. You can imagine Melissa's reply. She doesn't mince words. Love that gal!!

Rebecca is still unhappy about missing out on summer school but she makes up for it by hanging out with me. She's always been more comfortable in the company of either adults or younger children. Not so much with her peers but perhaps that will change eventually. Or not.

My Giants are playing the Red Sox this weekend in Boston at Fenway Park the oldest park in major league baseball. It will be fun to watch even though we continue our downward spiral. The old parks are disappearing and I miss them. It's the Giant's first time to play at Fenway as far as I know. We're in different leagues so don't see much of each other through the season. Interleague play is a relatively new concept and hated by most diehard fans.

Fenway was built in 1912. Not everyone knows that Babe Ruth started out with Boston as a pitcher before they committed one of the dumbest mistakes in baseball by selling him to the New York Yankees. He pitched at Fenway.

Wrigley Field in Chicago, home to the Cubs and famous for its ivy covered fence, was built in 1914. They may be the only old parks left.

I sure digress don't I.

Anyhow, thanks to all for the comments. I see I just received a comment to the Guest Book post. (Hi Diane). Have a good weekend and take care everyone.

Update: The guestbook seems to be working and Diane's picture is there. It showed my picture half a dozen times but I'm hoping that will change as more people sign up.

Update 2: Click on "Add a Photo: on the banner. It will let you sign in and leave a message with or without the photo. I tried doing it on "sign my guest book" and it kept creating a new one for me - not what I'd hoped for. If any of you have an easier way to do it, let me know.

At least I think that's right. You add a picture the same as you do with Blogger image. Use browse to find the picture. It will upload (download?) automatically.

5 comments:

Jo said...

Hi, Ann. How are you? Doing okay, I hope. You've been through a rough patch!

This is a great post. When I went to New York, the only thing I really wanted to see was Yankee Stadium.

I tried to sign your guest book, but I couldn't figure it out.

Cheers,
Josie

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi again, Ann. Don't worry about the guestbook, it's working fine. The reason it showed your picture so much at first is that it repeats the pictures on there, so if yours was the only one, it just kept repeating. If that makes sense to you. ;D

Now it's repeating your pic and mine, over and over, until someone else adds theirs. It just scrolls through the list and starts over.

Anyway, I'm glad things are okay at your place and Ray is doing so well. It's miserably hot and humid here. It's 91* right now but the heat index is in the high 90's.

My Sunday Dinner post will be up later this evening.

Laundry calls. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

Anvilcloud said...

And Ray continues to do well, in spite of our high 90's weather. It's not even summer yet!!

Hah! Try moving north about 1000 mi, and you'll be real cool.

Val said...

I greatly enjoyed your reminiscing about the old baseball parks, sad they are disappearing. The same thing has happened to most of the football grounds here in Melbourne. You know the cause of it: the dollar. Forget the fans who want to support their teams at their traditional places, it's all about money making now. Sad.

Gina said...

I'm glad things are going well for you all! Stay cool up there!