Please sign my Guestbook.

Monday, September 26, 2005

5:00 a.m. pdt - Elcie is up already and people are findng me

That's a lie - it's now 6:00 a.m. I just finished typing (keyboarding) about 45 minutes of really profound stuff, hit "save draft" and this dumb thing made me sign in again and I lost everything.

L. You're welcome to butt in whenever. I was hesitant to start a blog because I prefer dialogue to monologue and there are only so many ways to describe what we all do every day. Get up, get kids ready, break up fights if there is more than one kid, (three are the worst, trust me - they gang up) get them out the door, and breathe.

Hi Roger - I can't imagine the tragedy of the Holocaust or the pain of the survivors and their descendants. To say I'm sorry isn't enough, is it. It's still happening, on a smaller scale, all over the world. Did we learn nothing? Rhetorical, obviously we didn't learn much.

I'm your number one fan (without the hatchet). I've been finding peoples' journals or blogs as I become a little more blog literate. We share so many of the same concerns and I don't know about you but so often I feel powerless. Maybe that's why I run my mouth so much on BB. I may not change any minds but at least I'm not silent. One of my favorite quotes, probably misquoted here but I'm not going to go back and look it up right now, is "the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing". I'm trying to answer evil with good, if that makes any sense.

37 (and counting) comments on private religious schools and almost as many of the Pledge of Allegiance, many of them vitriolic (in fairness, from both sides). Including one of mine, I think - I almost lost it and that's not like me, at least not these days. I can usually disagree without being snotty. Hatred begets hatred very quickly and vitriol encourages vitriol.

The one thing I've decided for sure is that I'm going to do a fast proof read through what I've written and let it go. Unless I say something inaccurate, a typo is a typo, I haven't figured out spell check on this yet, and anyone who bothers to point them out one by one needs to get a life.

Later - thanks for the encouragement. Elcie's been up since 4:45 listening to the theme from "Fly Away Home". I started writing about the ecology, what's left of it, but I lost the post into computer Neverland so I'll save it for another time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have nothing to be sorry about in terms of the holocaust... those who would continue to hate might, but not you. And no, I'm afraid we haven't learned much at all.

I think that coming together via the internet can bring a lot of power to individuals who might otherwise have little or none. We may indeed change the world as we comment on it, bypassing the controlled media and getting around the official spin.