Please sign my Guestbook.

Friday, October 14, 2005

It's the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown

I made the mistake of showing Elcie how to change the "wallpaper" on my computer which means there are new surprises constantly. I came home tonight to find myself staring at a jack-o-lantern which took up almost the entire screen. It was not there when I left. At least it's better than Van Helsin which had preceded it.

I put on famous paintings in the hopes that some culture will rub off on my crew and turn on the computer to find Dracula. I just don't know what this world is coming to.

More people have commented on kids and toilet paper. I may start a poll - toilet paper - over the roll or under? I favor over the roll myself. My husband says under is better because it's harder for the cat to get to it. He has a point. I've always thought under the roll was a guy thing but that may be sexist of me.

I spent the night with a group of like minded friends discussing the upcoming CA special election and touching on some local offices as well. I signed up for a couple of phone banks; just an hour or two at each. We're fighting a parental notification proposition which would become part of the state Constitution if passed and there's a nasty discriminatory little thing about political contributions which would affect only public employee unions. I was going to vote "no" on everything just to protest the Terminator's special election but there are two conflicting propositions on prescription meds. The one with the most votes wins. Only in CA does this kind of craziness happen. I guess I'm going to have to vote yes on 79 to keep 78 from passing. So I might as well vote yes on 80 as well which has to do with reining in the utilities once again.. Bummer. I wanted to make a statement but maybe "no" on all but two is statement enough. He's spending millions on his power trip.

Girls asleep - two in living room again. It's the weekend. R & R were still awake when I got back so they got to eat razzleberry pie and lemon loaf cake left over from our meeting. I don't know exactly what makes up a razzleberry but it was delicious. Our Mennonite community sells baked goods and one of our members brought it in to go with vanilla ice cream, spiced peaches, brie, roquefort, & crackers with what was probably salami, and a lot of fresh fruit.

Sometimes I take one of the girls along just to make life easier for Ray as well as get them involved early but not tonight. I needed a little time away to regroup. The two little ones forgave me when they spotted the goodies and Elcie will have her share in the morning.

I'm watching a beautiful blond female cellist play something lovely. I don't have a clue what it is but Classic Arts always tells me both before and after each selection. Aha - it was a Pablo Casals composition. That makes sense.

It's 12:30 here and I'll probably awaken with the cluck-clucks even though I don't have to. I should turn this off for the night. I look forward to your opinions on toilet paper or anything else you may feel strongly about.

Night all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote 'over' on the TP...and this may be sexist of me, but I think the male way for the roll is standing up on the back of the tank. At least that's been my experience.

~ Angela

PS I just recently found your blog and I look forward to reading it each night after I (finally) get my baby down for the night. You remind me a lot of my mom - and that's a compliment. ; )

Gawdessness said...

It is facinating for me to get a chance to hear about the workings of state government. In some ways it is very different from the way our provinical government works.
More on that later...
Right now I am starving! All because of the description of the food you listed. Yummy.

Now that might get more people politically active if we could be fed like that!

The Rainbow Zebra said...

I'm an 'over' for TP myself ;) But I won't get too bent out of shape if it's under...just so long as the roll isn't empty, then I'm pretty happy LOL