Please sign my Guestbook.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Trunk or Treat addendum

Yes, the girls could walk the parking lot by themselves safely but then I wouldn't get to see all the decorations. I take them Christmas tree lighting for much them reason. They're a convenient excuse to act like a kid.

Rocky Horror Picture Show used to be shown in S. F. every Saturday at midnight when the boys were growing up. I finally agreed to take them when I thought Tim was old enough for it. My definition of "R" rated and others is not always the same. Rocky's pretty harmless even with the audience partcipation. Anyhow, I loved it. I was audience participating all over the place. We ended up going a couple of times a month from then on. Finally, I think after Jim joined the Army but Tim was still at home (maybe 16 by then), he told me he thought he was probably old enough to go by himself with a group. They didn't really pay that much attention to age anyhow. I almost wept but I let him go. He figured it out a couple of weeks later and invited me back but by that time it would really be silly to tag along. I saved my viewings to take out of town visitors. Everybody should see it once in a really cheesy Market St. theater in downtown S. F. Berkeley ran it for years but they're really too professional. Takes all the fun out for me. Besides, I had a horrible experience with violation of civil rights there the first time I went.

Funny thing - I have it on DVD now but it's not the same thing. It's no fun shouting back at the T.V. screen when you're the only one shouting. It requires a mob, costumes, and props.

Or maybe I'm finally growing up? God, I hope not.

I'll get back to civil rights violations later. Tim just called and invited me to meet him, Jim and Jim's wife for dinner. Carol is dishing up plates for girls so I'm cool and I'm out of here.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love Rocky Horror! I haven't been since college. The first time I went? Was in Salt Lake City, Utah, and it was great!