Please sign my Guestbook.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

7 Wonders

Sometimes I find things that may seem a little corny but I still like. This is one of them I'll try to remember when I lose sight of priorities.

From "Steve" at worldstart.com

QUOTE

A group of students were asked to list what they thought were the "Seven Wonders of the World." Though there were some disagreements, the following received the most votes:

1. Egypt's Great Pyramids 2. The Taj Mahal 3. The Grand Canyon 4. The Panama Canal 5. The Empire State Building 6. St. Peter's Basilica 7. China's Great Wall

While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one student had not finished, so she asked the girl if she was having trouble.

The girl replied, "Yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind. There are too many."The teacher said, "Well, tell us what you have, and maybe we can help."
The girl hesitated, then read:

1. To See
2. To Hear
3. To Touch
4. To Taste
5. To Feel
6. To Laugh
And 7. To Love.

The room was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop. The things that we take for granted are truly wondrous!

UNQUOTE

I'll be back. Yesterday was frantic. I crashed at 6:00 last night (for an hour) and my sweet husband took over completely and let me sleep. Only problem is I woke up at 2:30 a.m. Three day weekend coming up in the USA (Veteran's Day) so I won't have to deal with an early wakeup call.

P. S. I remember when Veteran's Day was called Armistice Day and I still slip sometimes. How many still remember it was to honor the end of WWI. (No, I don't go back quite that far.) However, when people ask me who was President when I was born, I'm careful to specify which Roosevelt. Some would probably think it was Teddy.

More about my day later maybe. I'm still catching up with my online friends and all the news.

Classic Arts has a very young girl playing Chopin (I think). Can't remember the title but it became a popular song in 40's called "Til the End of Time".

No comments: