Please sign my Guestbook.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Another new commenter (she's been visiting)

I've run into Andie D. many times on Blogging Baby and have often echoed her comments or she has echoed mine. I read one of her recent posts on Kmart shopping and didn't know whether to laugh or weep for her.

Andie lives in Phoenix, AZ (another one of my former cities - I have lots of them). She left a comment telling me she had been reading the blog for a while (I'm much too polite to call it lurking) but hadn't commented.

I hope by now Andrea has turned her computer to the wall and is enjoying Christmas but maybe when she has a chance, she can add Andie to the blogroll.

Welcome Andie.

I have 2 store bought pies in the oven (pumpkin finished yesterday), the turkey is cooked, I or we will take it off the bone and then I'm taking the rest of the evening off. I'll set the alarm a little early and finish up everything else.

The church pot luck was fun and surprisingly well attended. As usual, church ladies (including me) can cook and there's always too much food. We fed ourselves and any number of people we didn't know. I hope we made someone's Christmas Eve a little less lonely.

I will put more pictures up of girls in their new outfits from their San Francisco grandma (their mom's mother) when I can figure out what caused me to send 40 pictures in one email to 3 of my formerly close online friends. It must be something I did but it was working okay before. I'm having problems getting the photos from Kodak over to Picasa2 which I love and almost understand. I can never remember what I did the last time that worked.

Oh and we still have to fill the Christmas bag that we use for stockings. It won't take long.

Church tomorrow at 9:30 then home to finish up dinner and prepare for the onslaught. I had 20 at Thanksgiving. Christmas is usually fewer but my son managed to have his kids with him for both holidays and I wasn't counting them in. I don't know if his stepdaughters will come along or go to their relatives. They're teens so it's hard to tell.

One of the commenters said on Blogging Baby the other day that they were going to Mom's for dinner. I said what a great idea but I am the mom, grandma, and great-grandmother. Everyone shows up here.

Turkey off bone and in refrigerator. Pies out of oven - still need to be covered in a few minutes.

It's been a very good day for all of us. Even Elcie rose to the occasion and forgot about her pre-teen angst for the day. They're all enjoying computer #2. I'm a network.

Two hours to Christmas on the USA West Coast. I'd like to make it but may be asleep when it gets here.

Good night.

4 comments:

lindsaylobe said...

Hi Ann

I trust your having a wonderful christmas and I look forward to your company going forward and into 2006 !!

Thankyou for your comments

Best wishes

Madcap said...

Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoyed that eggnog!

Gawdessness said...

It all sounds so lovely!
Even if you are the Mom etc. etc., put all those other young uns to work too.

Andie D. said...

Thanks for the welcome Ann! You sound just like the kind of mom, grandma, great-grandmother, and friend that I'd love to visit on Christmas. Or any other day.

Best Holiday Wishes!