Please sign my Guestbook.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Why do I have all that whipped cream?

The aerosols are for pumpkin pie. The container is for 7-Up Salad. I thought I had all the ingredients but of course I forgot one - the 7-Up. Stores are open tomorrow and now that I am mobile once again, it's not such a challenge. Still haven't decided whether to try it tomorrow. It'll depend on how the early part of the day goes.

Gawdessness has finally rejoined us and posted a picture of her refrigerator. Not to be outdone, here's mine. The big odd looking thing is a turkey and there's a ham hidden behind something.

Everybody pitched in today and straightened, put away, wiped, dusted (somewhat), and generally made themselves useful. Once again, Rebecca outdid herself. I'll have to check her for fever if this keeps up. She girlhandled a 16 lb bird into the fridge, peeled eggs (see refrigerator shelf), ate one, and hung out at my heels much of the day. She enjoys the company of adults much of the time. Elcie was crabby which explains why I didn't post a later picture of her. I'll try again tomorrow. She's hitting the teens with a vengeance and I had to speak sternly to her. Rochelle was giddy most of the day. She loves hats and that was the only Santa hat left from last year. She wasn't actually posing with a picture of herself. She'd picked it up to put it away until after Christmas (making space on the piano) and I caught the snap.

We got the girls all down early. Mommy Tasha and friend wrapped all the presents and arranged them under the tree. I started doing prep work for Sunday, caught up laundry, and washed another batch of dishes. Then we started in on pumpkin pies. Six are wrapped and ready. I haven't decided whether to make another variety or just let it go. I have pecans from Thanksgiving so maybe I'll throw a couple of Karo pecan pies together once again.

Oh, the vehicle is the '98 Olds Silhouette (extended) I was talking about yesterday. It's beautiful, seems to run fine, and is easier to drive than the Caravan which cornered like a semi. The Olds corners like my old Volvo which would almost turn on a dime.

The four doors will be so much help with everything we haul and pack in.

If anyone is silly enough to be blogging or surfing between now and the day after Christmas, I hope you enjoy the pictures, Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

ipodmomma said...

Happy happy Christmas to you all!!!

oh, Sonja got another entry up, since seh's spending the night... we practiced blogging... :))) kids are all in bed, Spencer seems to have caught Ted's cold, but Elliot's Cowboys emerged victorious...

all in all, a really nice day... (except for Spencer's small cold...)

Andrea said...

The pictures were wonderful! Thank you.
Have you gotten mine yet? I am mailing again tomorrow if you havent. grr.
That is so funny - forget the 7-up. hahaha Classic Andrea move.

Merry Christmas

Andie D. said...

Hi Ann,

I read your blog but have never commented, and I just realized that! I love the pictures of the girls and can't wait to see Elcie's.

Glad you got the car! Sounds like a great fit!

Merriest of Christmases to you and your family!

Turtle Guy said...

Dropping in quickly to give you my best wishes for a safe and happy Christmas. Bless you in all your endeavours.

Gawdessness said...

I wondered about all the whipped cream!
Also wondering about the huge jar of mayonaise (sp?).
I may have it on the brain though I have been trying to make a home made version of the stuff, somewhat obsessively and failing more than not.
Sigh.
Oops off topic!
Lovely picture.