Please sign my Guestbook.

Friday, January 13, 2006

And from Trinidad

The link came from Nancy, the recipe from Karen W. who writes chookooloonks.

The first time I read it through, I thought it was much too complicated for me. The second time I thought, hey I can do this.

It's called "pilau" (I think, with all the mistakes lately, you'd better check for yourself), and it looks wonderful. Sort of caramelized chicken with lots of spices and rice. Yun.

I've been surfing through blogs and I keep turning up recipes. No good gossip, just recipes. So, here they are, one after another.

1 comment:

Jen said...

OH! Karen gave me a recipe for lamb and dumplings. OMG. I haven't made it yet, but wow. What is recipe!

Okay, here is a quick recipe that may work for you if you have chicken on hand. I call it cajun chicken pasta.

Cut chicken breast into bite size pieces. Start to brown it in oil, with garlic to taste. Add a bag of frozen veggies and tons of cajun seasoning. Just a ton. Start boiling water for pasta.

When the chicken is brown, add spaghetti sauce. Yes, I use a jar. :) keep adding cajun seasoning. If you have a small container of whole whipping cream, add that. If you don't, it will be a different kind of taste, but still yummy.

Cook your pasta, then drain and add to your sauce. It's simple, and tasty. :)