It's 11:00 a.m. here and I've talked to a cardiologist in Modesto and provided further info to him. They've tentatively ruled out lung for now. Bottom line - no one knows anything yet. He's "stable" and "confortable".
I'll wait until I have something specific before I add anything more.
Thanks for the support. Daylight always makes it easier to cope.