Please sign my Guestbook.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Meme - afterthought (as always)

First - hi to SpOOkalot who has a great blog. Another addition to the blog roll. She's from Pennsylvania, is a friend of one my best virtual friends, and I've been lurking and occasionally commenting on her blog for a while.

She was tagged by Angel for this meme and has hers posted. Very worth reading. You can click on her name over in the comments to the last post. I'm not sure if she uses double 00's or double capital OO's in her name so don't try it from the post. Go to the comments.

Anyhow, I was thinking more about one year ago. We had moved Rebecca into our room because of the bout with RSV. We nearly lost her - again. Nobody's fault but we wanted her at the front of the house. Ray and I took shifts staying awake (along with her mom because Ray was still working then) because we didn't trust the monitor they sent with her on her second trip from the hospital. It was like one of those car alarms that goes off when a leaf falls. Worse than no alarm at all so we stayed up.

Meantime, Rochelle was hanging out on my lap. Funny, she's the least demanding of the three. They've all had plenty of attention but Rochelle got the most of my time even when we were just sitting and watching Rebecca sleep. Elcie was older and started full time pre-school shortly after Rebecca came home. Also had therapy three days a week (I think) before pre-school started so she and I were at therapy while Ray sat like a vulture over Rebecca. Breathe, breathe. One morning a week, another therapist came here to work with Elcie's fine motor challenges and problem solving skills. Learning with fun and games. Once Elcie started pre-school (at the same school where her therapy unit was located) she went from pre-school to therapy directly. Much simpler. She spent three years there before she mainstreamed into kindergarten. Looking back, I think OMG, how did we get through those early years.

It's always been my opinion that we can't spoil an infant with too much love. It's later that spoiling kicks in. Elcie and Rebecca have always been more fidgety and squirmy and would cuddle for a little while but then they wanted down please. Rochelle was different and still is. No two are alike (I keep saying).

That was our early 1996. Don't know how I missed it the first time around.

1 comment:

L. said...

I, too, wondered how you ever managed those early years. I guess you put all of yoru experience to use. I would have gone batty, I think!