Please sign my Guestbook.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Meme

I've been tagged by mary p. and possibly at least one more. This is making the rounds quickly.

Remove the top blog from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom.


Becky
Childsplayx2
The Weirdgirl
It's Not All Mary Poppins
rocrebelgranny

Select five people to play (entirely voluntary, of course)

We seem to move in the same blogging circles. Anyone who hasn't been tagged already, feel free to join in.

I have one non-blogger who is around all the time. If you want to join in, send it to me and I'll post it. She's been having problems setting up a blogger account. ??? You know who you are.

What were you doing ten years ago?

Rochelle just turned one and Rebecca had finally come home from the hospital. I can't remember but I'm sure I was holding Rochelle on my lap. We had lots of people watching over our frail Rebecca (including me) and Rochelle was still a baby and my cuddlebug. She has always soaked up affection like a little sponge. She still does even though she's as tall as me now. She'll be 11 on January 5th. Rebecca will stay 10 until next Halloween.

What were you doing one year ago?

Not much changes around here. I already had the computer by then but I hadn't discovered the joys of blogging except for possibly Blogging Baby. I'm not sure when I started sending comments to them which in turn led to lots of friends and this blog. I may not even have known you could click on a name and go somewhere else until I got my blog and saw my name underlined. L. and I used to communicate through the comments. Wow - they created a monster. I'm all over the place now. Getting ready for Rochelle's birthday I know for sure which meant we were planning where to take them for her birthday dinner. Probably Perkos; they have free sundaes for the birthday child.

Five snacks you enjoy.

Lays Salt & Vinegar chips
Cashews
Party mix (sweet & salty - the one with the M&M's)
The filled hard candies but only around Christmas
Leftover anything

(I've been trying to cut back on the snacks but I still like them)

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics.

This is cheating because, in my generation, we learned all the patriotic songs in school. All the verses. I know most of the Christmas carols, many hymns, and a lot of folk music from the 50's and 60's as well. Many nursery rhymes and other kids' songs.

Star Spangled Banner
America the Beautiful
America (Lindsay, Mary P., Mollie and anyone else who is part of the U.K., just think God Save the Queen - same melody)
Blowin in the Wind
Puff the Magic Dragon (I've sung and played that for 3 generations now).

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire.

Set up funds for the girls, especially Elcie. Maybe not a lot, but at least a cushion.
Buy a house.
Invest it in something secure (Is there such a thing?)
Do something for someone else. How much would depend on whether I was a "windfall" millionaire or Bill Gates. What would depend on greatest need - far too many these days.
Maybe a leisurely trip to some of the countries I've never seen (which is all of them outside North America).

Five bad habits.

Smoking - no nagging please, I'm working on it one more time. I quit twice - three years at a stretch. It may be time to think about it again. With not smoking in the house or the car, I've cut way back.
Procrastination
Snacking (see above snacking list)
Lack of patience, especially when I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall. I sometimes throw pencils. Not at anybody, usually at the floor.
Avoiding what I don't want to deal with (see procrastination and smoking) Like Scarlett, I'll think about it tomorrow.

Five things you like doing.

Blogging and reading blogs (is that the same thing?)
Political and civil rights stuff (from the liberal side of course if you don't know that by now)
Surfing net - I love information, one thing leads to another and an hour has passed. I do the same thing with blogs. A link leads to another link and I find all these interesting people. Maybe I should file that under bad habits as well.
Watching girls grow- Elcie is taller than I and Rochelle is at least as tall. She gets things from the cupboard amd saves me dragging out the stepstool. Rebecca is still tiny but growing. She'll catch up. She was quite tiny, 2 lbs 5 oz, and not a healthy preemie at first. Always the fighter though and that hasn't changed. She survived both her early arrival and RSV.
Listening to music and playing piano for girls when we have a chance. We like to sing.
I'm not including chores on this list although I enjoy some things, like cooking and I don't mind doing most. Enjoy for mopping a floor or dusting, however, is a bit of a stretch.


Five things you would never wear or buy again.

Booze (see my bio) I have no problem with anyone else doing so - I'm not Carrie Nation. It just doesn't work for me.
A party dress - pants maybe
High heels (I wore my last pair 15 years ago and they weren't that high. The best things to happen to working women (other than the Civil Rights Act of 1964) were tennis shoes, at least for the commute, and pants.
National Enquirer
Any jewelry except earrings (I love earrings but I'm old fashioned - only one hole in each ear and none anywhere else. TMI?)

Five favorite toys.

My computer
My computer
Rhapsody to listen to on My computer
The girls' computer (keeps them off my computer)
My piano

I copied and pasted this from Mary's list. Hope I got it all.



1 comment:

Sp00kalot said...

Great list!! Oh, and HI and HAPPY NEW YEAR to you too! Glad to have met ya! I'll stop by again :)