Please sign my Guestbook.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Picasa2 multiple pictures

I wrote to Picasa about more than one photo to a blog. Here's what they said.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Picasa customer support.

It is possible to publish more than one picture in a blog post. To do so:

1. Select your picture.
2. Type in your caption.
3. Add "||" after your caption.
4. Click "Publish." Bloggerbot should state that the post is "queued."
5. Continue posting as many pictures and captions as you'd like, including
the "||" at the end of each caption.
6. When you have reached the final picture, just omit the "||." All
pictures and captions should post as one post to your blog.

Thank you Picasa2. I'll try it. I know some of you have had the same problem. This may be the solution. Collage works but the pictures are small and if you don't fill at least four spaces, it prints the same photo twice.

I think that's a lower case "l" as in looney but I'm not sure. I'll have to experiment.

7 comments:

ipodmomma said...

looking forward to seeing how it works out!

Gawdessness said...

I never even thought of writing to Picasa!

I feel a little silly right now.
Thanks for the info though!

Andrea said...

You must be special - you get answers!!!!!
Gotta try this now. Thanks granny.

Andrea said...

It completly and totally did not work for me!!!

Anvilcloud said...

I don't use Picassa. You do know, however, that you can post multiple photos directly from the blog composition window, right?

Andie D. said...

Thanks Granny! I usually end up posting multiple photos from within Blogger, but the bugger of it all is that I still have to do it ONE AT A TIME. Never even thought to write to Picassa to see if there were a simpler solution.

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Chances are those are "vertical bar" characters (also known as "pipe" or "or" characters). Check above the backslash (\) -- on the two keyboards I have handy here, it's shift-backslash.

And while I'm mentioning it, a slash (or forward slash) is "/" and a backslash is "\" -- easy to remember if you think of them as people walking across the screen (left to right) -- the forward slash is about to fall forward, the backslash will fall on his back.