Please sign my Guestbook.

Friday, February 17, 2006

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!





Top
The road leading up to my uncle's farm, halfway up the hill. Sometimes we slid right back to the bottom and turned around and went home.

In the background you can barely see the outline of the Adirondack foothills. We were in the Mohawk Valley.

Bottom
Obviously the two of us were showing off for the camera. Jim had the high drift all to himself. Nobody could get me up there and I haven't changed much.

I don't think that was a natural drift. It was probably created by the plows.

The last photo (middle) is of my mom, dad, brother and self on my last trip home while my dad was still alive. Probably early 1987. He died about a year before the boys' dad. Mom is still hanging in there at 93. She and my brother both live in Albany.

Two more to go. I decided to put them all on tonight. I have a tendency to forget so I'd better do it now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you were a New Yorker. You have gone a long way from home.

Anonymous said...

ooo I love old photos... those ones on the snow drifts are great! I love your outfits. Those do look like snowplow piles... over at the highschool here there are huge mounds like that from clearing the parking lot and it is fun to climb them like the alps!