Please sign my Guestbook.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

About Time I Got a New Picture of the Grandchild

For any of you who may not know, my son Jim and his wife Melissa welcomed Jonathan (see photo) last May. This is what he looks like now. The picture does not do justice to his ears or his hair (what there is of it) which already shows signs of being red like his daddy's. He's a happy baby. Eats, sleeps, and goes through diapers.

The beautiful young woman holding him is Melissa's middle daughter Marisela. Melissa had three daughters and a toddler granddaughter when she and Jim married. . That made Jonathan an uncle the moment he was born. Jim has three teens; two boys and a girl.

My other son Tim has been growing his beard once again and Jonathan discovered it yesterday with both hands. He would not let go. I can sympathize; I learned the hard way about pierced ears and babies.

Update: I forgot to mention I was at their house with Tim the other day and distinctly heard our genius of a baby gurgle "I love you". He did it twice. Tim says it's his favorite gurgle and always cracks people up.

The girls went to a Christian hip hop concert ??? with their mom tonight. I said I'd be glad to drive them as long as I didn't have to stay. I must be getting old. I don't like hip hop, Christian or otherwise, but the girls love it. They came home about thirty minutes ago. Elcie and Rebecca are already asleep (Rebecca fell asleep on my bed - we moved her). The vampire Rochelle shouldn't be far behind. She's always the last one.

Oh, the post below this one was me learning how to do images (as opposed to photos from my camera). I have now learned how to save and rename an image and actually get it here. Once I succeeded, I moved on to copying a photo from email. Now if I can just remember tomorrow what I did today. People have explained it to me over and over. It wasn't sinking in.

The horse is my favorite breed of the non-draft horses, an Appaloosa. We'll consider the lion my entry in Friday cat blogging.

I've about decided, especially after I read the comments, to let the rehab people do some of my driving. I'll take him Monday and talk to them. It will depend on what time he has to be picked up. If it's too early, I may change the appointment back to afternoons since it won't matter to Ray, only to me. Even one day out of three would make a big difference.

And, speaking of comments, thanks everybody. Maybe I needed to hear it's okay not to do everything.

Sunday is the annual church picnic/potluck at Lake Yosemite (actually a reservoir). I'm wavering between lasagne and a big macaroni salad. It's going to be hot again so I may go with the salad and bake some chicken. Lasagne is quite a project and I'd have to buy the cheese. I don't keep mozzarella and ricotta around. On the other hand, I have everything I need for macaroni salad and baked drumsticks. And perhaps even a peach cobbler. I haven't made one in a while. Too hot to bake.

It's now past midnight and the end of a long day. Have a great weekend and be careful out there.

29 comments:

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Ann

I think macaroni salad, baked drumsticks, and a peach cobbler should be plenty for the picnic. I hope you and the girls enjoy yoursleves.

I like appy too.

Beautiful baby by the way! I too was bald until I turned 6 months, then I made up for it with lots of curly hair!

Janice~

Midori said...

Your grandson is gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

The baby is very cute. VERY cute!

You are right--you don't have to do everything. Sometimes we just need reminding. I know I sure do.

Make the peach cobbler. Then send it to me and I will eat it all up. I think that sounds like a great idea!

Merle said...

Dear Ann ~~ I hope you all enjoy the
church picnic. Little Jonathon has grown
and looks so cute. Marisela is a lovely looking girl. Thank you for you comment. I found "Your" quote in a book in 2 lines. I like how you use 4 lines on
your e-mails. It is a great verse with
inspiring thought for us. Take care,Hugs
Merle.

Jo said...

What a cutie patootie...!!!

My goodness you have a busy life, holy smokes!

Josie

Pat said...

Lovely baby. i'll bet he gives lovely sloppy kisses. Lucky you!

TJ said...

Cute Grandbaby!!!
:-D

the stefanie formerly known as stefanierj said...

Please nibble on that baby's cheeks for me. He is adorable!

Glad you're giving yourself a break, Ann, but sheesh, it sure seems like you still do everything! :)

Jenn said...

granny,
he is a dolly!

You are amazing in all that you do. I may be begging you for some recipes. :o)

Madcap said...

I think you've got my missing thyroid!

Absolutely let the agency help you with transportation. Good heavens - there are only so many hours in the day, and it would seem that yours are already full!

I'm still having to refresh to get your latest posts, ding-dang-it!

Pretty cute little grandson you found yourself. I like red hair, I always wished I had it myself.

Kiss Dont Kill guild leader said...

awww your grandchild is cute lol

Anonymous said...

sounds like all is well!

Sarah Elaine said...

Wonderful photo!

And by the way, what time should I come over for dinner? Your cooking sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

he is adorable!!! and so is the beatiful girl holding him.. marisela...

there right you know.. it's ok that you can't do everything.. take care..

JBlue said...

Adorable baby and a pretty girl, too.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

oooooh what a cute baby! He sure is handsome. That I love you gargling is quite cute. Anyone would love to hear the little ones say almost anything.
Thanks for your prayers and sympathy and thanks too for your happy greetings. I'll be back by Wednesday for the Wordless Wednesday.
My sister-in-law was finally put to rest. Cremation took place yesterday. It was a very painful moment for all of us as she was loved by the family. However, when one loves someone, she/he must also learn how to let go.
I'll be back Wednesday for the Wordless Wednesday. As of now, my head seems to be floating on air. I can't seem to find my brains anywhere yet.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Beautiful baby and beautiful girl holding him. Isn't it lovely to have a baby around? I have found that with my latest grandson, who is now three months old!

Peach cobbler! Yum,I haven't had that for years. Can you save me a piece? Pretty pleeeeeese...

Keep well

Robyn

jay lassiter said...

what a sweet pic. red hair like his daddy huh? do you see a lot of your son in your grandson?

nice to hear that you're spending some time with the grandkids.
love jay

Anonymous said...

Happy Sunday Granny! I'm glad to hear you thought the 'commercial' for the Red Sox was funny. *laughing still*

Anyway, the two pictures below look fantastic. You did good.

Now, 'bout that new grandchild!--------He's adorable. Look at those beautiful blue eyes. Another Paul Newman. Soo cute. Congrats.

Rowan Dawn said...

What a cute baby!!! He is very adorable!

*Tanyetta* said...

Peach Cobbler and cute babies. It can't get any better than that :)

Carole Burant said...

Such a darling little grandbaby!! I love them at that age, they're so cuddly and never know what they'll come out with!! I don't care for hip-hop either but the younger crowd love it...hope the girls had a fun time:-) I'd love to go to the picnic just to have your macaroni salad, drumsticks and peach cobbler!! Yummmmmm!

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Johnathon is so cute and Marisela is beautiful. I love little babies and I love to hear them coo.

eyes_only4him said...

now THAT is a cute baby..well done..

JunieRose2005 said...

:) A very cute baby!

Junie

Meow (aka Connie) said...

What a gorgeous baby, and Marisela is real pretty, too.
The picnic sounds wonderful, hope you have a great time.
Take care, and have a wonderful week .... Meow

Jo said...

I guess learning limits is never an easy lesson, no matter how old and wise you are. I think my patience has grown as I have gotten older, but my tolerance level is definitely lower. Right there with you on the hip hop thing.

Leish said...

Cute baby. And how bout that...his nephews/neices are older than him?!

Merle said...

Dear Ann ~~ Thank you so much for your
comments and your kind words.I hope all is well with you and the family. Again
thanks Ann. Take care, Love, Merle.