Please sign my Guestbook.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

For All Grannies

and anyone else who enjoys the funny things kids say. Thanks to Yellow Dog Grannie

I'll back later with the latest news and possibly a request for advice.

My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday.
He asked me how old I was, and I told him, "62." He was quiet for a
moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"
_______________

A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own
childhood was like: "We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing
made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our
pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods."
The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this in. At last she said, "I
sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"
_______________

A Sunday school class was studying the Ten Commandments. They were ready
to discuss the last one. The teacher asked if anyone could tell her what
it was.
Susie raised her hand, stood tall, and quoted, "Thou shall not take the
covers off thy neighbor's wife."
_______________

Our five-year-old grandson couldn't wait to tell his grandfather about
the movie we had watched on television, "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea."
The scenes with the submarine and the giant octopus had kept him
wide-eyed.
In the middle of the telling, my husband interrupted Mark, "What caused
the submarine to sink?"
With a look of incredulity Mark replied, "Grandpa, it was the 20,000
leaks!!"
_______________

When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept the
lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky insects.
Still, a few fireflies followed us in.
Noticing them before I did, Billy whispered "It's too late grandpa, the
mosquitoes are coming after us with flashlights."
_______________

When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, "I'm not
sure."
"Look in your underwear, Grandma," he advised. "Mine says I'm four
to
six."
_______________

Children's Logic: "Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a
teacher.
The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the ladder pregnant."
The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. "Don't you know what
pregnant means?" she asked.
"Sure," said the young boy confidently. "It means carrying a child."
____________________

A nursery school teacher was delivering a station wagon full of kids
home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front
seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children started
discussing the dog's duties.
"They use him to keep crowds back," said one youngster.
"No, said another, "he's just for good luck."
A third child brought the argument to a close. "They use the dogs", she
said firmly, "to find the fire hydrant."

10 comments:

Carole Burant said...

LOL out of the mouth of babes!! Loved these Ann, they were great:-) Hope your day was a good one! HUGS

Anonymous said...

Ha. Pregnant means carrying a child. LOL!

Jessie Speer said...

Thanks for sharing! These bring joy to my heart...

TJ said...

my favorite one was the skeeters with flashlights!!
:-D

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

Ann...these were so funny!!! Don't you just love the things little children say? It's so precious.

Sandy :)

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Ann, loved the last one about the dog finding the fire hydrant, makes sense, doesn't it?

When my eldest granddaughter was about six (she's almost 17 now), I was saying something about talking to my mother on the phone. Her eyes widened and she said in awe, "Is your mother still alive?" I still laugh to think about it.

Thanks for the laughs.

Hugs

Robyn

Anonymous said...

very funny stuff here!!

lindsaylobe said...

LOL ! Very good Ann, have you noticed when you start telling your grandchildren made up stories, they soon like the idea, and may even (like my grandson) makes up a few for me!! Even though he's only 3
Best wishes

mreddie said...

Much wisdom is in the words of the little ones. ec

Anonymous said...

I read this earlier on bloglines and then I got busy and forgot to comment. It was a great read.