Please sign my Guestbook.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Keep it Simple

Hi everyone. It's Saturday afternoon and I spoke too soon about Ray. He went back in the hospital Thursday afternoon. He's in the Coronary unit but they don't think it's his heart (it never is) so perhaps they were short of bed space or they just weren't taking any chances. I'll go over as soon as I have someone to stay with the girls.

Speaking of girls, they've settled down and are enjoying the summer. Swimming, bike riding, playing with the neighborhood kids, sleepovers. Elcie has one more week of summer school (did I mention she'll have a "dance" performance the last day?) and Rochelle should be out the 2nd week in July.

Other than that, not much is new. I had lunch with Tim on Wednesday and then took Rebecca with us to his friends' house. They have a pool, she had a ball while we played cards (within sight of the pool of course). She made her first jump off the diving board. Then she never stopped. On about her 6th jump, one of the guys hollered "geronimo". For the rest of the afternoon, all we heard was "geronimo" over and over at the top of her lungs (and Rebecca has some very healthy lungs).

I wonder why they say that when they jump out of planes? Excuse me while I google.

I'm back with one answer for anyone who really wants to know.

Nick and I share a few readers so Puss-in-Boots, Susie, & Merle can skip this part.

From Sometimes Saintly Nick

AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES (the comments in parentheses are mine)

1. If you are choking on an ice cube, don't panic. Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto, the blockage will be almost instantly removed.

2. Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

3. You can avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat just by using the sink.

4. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use an egg timer. (Once upon a time, this was accepted medical practice. Maybe it still is for some things.)

5. A mouse trap placed on top of your alarm clock will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button...

6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives. Then you will be afraid to cough.

7. Have a bad toothache? Smash your thumb with a hammer and you will forget all about the toothache. (Dropping a bowling ball on your foot works equally well)

8. Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are:
In life, you only need two tools - WD-40 and Duct Tape.If it doesn't
move but should, use the WD-40. If it should not move and does, use the duct tape.

9. Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

10. Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom. (This is what I always say to the girls)


So far, my weekend is quiet. I'll watch the Giants lose their 9th in a row (to the damyankees) this afternoon. Only bright spot - Barry (love him or hate him) Bonds hit #749. Seven to go.

Update: We won in extra innings - Giants 6, Yankees 5. Could this be the start of something big? No - not too likely.

Have a good weekend, thanks for all the comments and for signing the guest book, and take care everyone.

P. S. The instructions aren't clear but you don't have to post a picture on the guest book if you prefer not to. Use your avatar, any image, or just leave it blank.

14 comments:

Sarah Elaine said...

Hilarious tips.

Fingers crossed wfor Ray.

Yondalla said...

Got any helpful hints for teen drivers?
And I hope Ray gets better soon!

Tammy said...

Those instructions are cute!
I loved the idea of the guest book and actually got the idea from Sweet Pea!
:)

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Ann. It was nice to catch up with your happenings, but I'm sorry Ray's back in the hospital. Hope they get him sorted out soon so he can be back home with you.

I got those home remedies a while back in an email but they bear repeating. And they do still draw off blood for some ailments, AND they still use leeches for certain conditions. Ewwwww!

I'm still cleaning and reorganizing here in my computer room. That should tell you how long I've neglected the mess in here. Sunday Dinner post coming up later. Eventually. :-)

Love and hugs,

Diane

The Rainbow Zebra said...

Hugs, love and prayers for Ray, you and the girls (((Granny))))

Susie said...

Hi Ann,
Wonderful that the girls are having such summer fun. Sending prayers for a quick recovery for Ray!
Take good care of yourself my friend!
xo

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hi Ann

Prayers for Ray coming through from Australia!

Thanks for the Geronimo link...we yell it here,too, when we're leaping off cliffs or into pools or out of planes. I don't do any of those.

Hope your team wins (ours lost, as per my post on Friday).

Enjoy your weekend.

Sandy Hatcher-Wallace said...

It's been a while since I visited over here and I like the way you have put the girls pictures with their names on the side...very nice.

Sorry to hear about Ray and hope that he gets out of the hospital soon.

I've appreciated all the nice comments you have left me and I'm ashamed of myself for not visiting as much as I should. With summer & kids things get hectic, but of course you know about that yourself.

The girls sound like they're having a wonderful summer and thanks for the Geronimo lesson...now I know how it started.

I'm off to see what my blog rating is. Thanks for the link.

Rowan Dawn said...

"Adriiiiaaaan!"


That would be funny. thanks for the list, I will have to remember that one! It's great!

Jenn said...

Thinking of Ray, sending best wishes.

Summer is upon us here too. I hope you can tape the performance(?)

I was laughing at your Geronimo question. I guess it's better than, "I can seeeemyyyy hoooouse froooooom heeeeere!"

Dapoppins said...

yeah, why do they say Geronimo

So sorry your still dealling with continued YUCK. Hope Ray improves soon.

Ava said...

So sorry to hear about Ray.

I'm glad to hear that the girls are doing well.

Great post!!!

Gina said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Ray. Keeping you all in my thoughts.

And, looky there, the Giants won two of three!

*Tanyetta* said...

Those tips were hilarious!!!!!!!!