Speaking of girls, they've settled down and are enjoying the summer. Swimming, bike riding, playing with the neighborhood kids, sleepovers. Elcie has one more week of summer school (did I mention she'll have a "dance" performance the last day?) and Rochelle should be out the 2nd week in July.
Other than that, not much is new. I had lunch with Tim on Wednesday and then took Rebecca with us to his friends' house. They have a pool, she had a ball while we played cards (within sight of the pool of course). She made her first jump off the diving board. Then she never stopped. On about her 6th jump, one of the guys hollered "geronimo". For the rest of the afternoon, all we heard was "geronimo" over and over at the top of her lungs (and Rebecca has some very healthy lungs).
I wonder why they say that when they jump out of planes? Excuse me while I google.
I'm back with one answer for anyone who really wants to know.
Nick and I share a few readers so Puss-in-Boots, Susie, & Merle can skip this part.
From Sometimes Saintly Nick
AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES (the comments in parentheses are mine)
1. If you are choking on an ice cube, don't panic. Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto, the blockage will be almost instantly removed.
2. Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.
3. You can avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat just by using the sink.
4. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use an egg timer. (Once upon a time, this was accepted medical practice. Maybe it still is for some things.)
5. A mouse trap placed on top of your alarm clock will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button...
6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives. Then you will be afraid to cough.
7. Have a bad toothache? Smash your thumb with a hammer and you will forget all about the toothache. (Dropping a bowling ball on your foot works equally well)
8. Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are:
In life, you only need two tools - WD-40 and Duct Tape.If it doesn't
move but should, use the WD-40. If it should not move and does, use the duct tape.
9. Remember: Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
10. Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom. (This is what I always say to the girls)
So far, my weekend is quiet. I'll watch the Giants lose their 9th in a row (to the damyankees) this afternoon. Only bright spot - Barry (love him or hate him) Bonds hit #749. Seven to go.
Update: We won in extra innings - Giants 6, Yankees 5. Could this be the start of something big? No - not too likely.
Have a good weekend, thanks for all the comments and for signing the guest book, and take care everyone.
P. S. The instructions aren't clear but you don't have to post a picture on the guest book if you prefer not to. Use your avatar, any image, or just leave it blank.