Please sign my Guestbook.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

A Foolish Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Little Minds

Or something like that. From Tosca to the Eagles in two nights. I'm listening to Witchy Woman and about to call it a night.

I did the dishes which led me to the laundry room somehow. The one good thing about a front loading dryer is you can pile things on top. The one bad thing about a front loading dryer is ...
You get the idea. I got a bulldozer, shoveled off the dryer top, wiped it and now I'm awake again. When will I ever learn.

"Peaceful Easy Feeling". It's a new CD which Rhapsody was featuring today so I added it to my library even though I probably had most of the songs already there. 33 selections on one cd should last long enough for me to go to sleep.

The title of the post should take you to Beckster's chicken breast recipe. When I looked at it again, it was a little long to paste without missing something when I tried to correct all the spacing over here. Nothing she did - her spacing was fine but one doesn't always copy directly to the other. It all jams up. Anyhow it looks lovely.

I have a pot roast thawing for dinner tomorrow but I need to buy more carrots. I think I used the last in the turkey soup last week. I'll pick up some broccoli at the same time and make Elcie's day. Maybe some biscuits if I'm feeling truly inspired. Without just popping a can open.

"Desperado" - my absolute all time favorite Eagles song although I like Linda Ronstadt's version a little better these days. I'll happily listen to either one.

Mo-wo is another new commenter, a funny one. I don't know too much about her yet except that she's married to p-man and both comment on Sweet Juniper. I'll check out their blog further tomorrow.

I don't think I missed anyone.

Alice has three posts up at last count. She hit the ground running.

Now I really am going to bed. I think. As long as I don't decide to wash a wall. Somebody come stop me quick.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

wo-mo is amusing

Mother Sharon Damnable said...

Hiya Granny, I've had my phone cut off so am ramping it in cyber cafes. I hope to be able to stay in touch.

I've been listening to The, The Mind Bomb so I blogged it.

Much love

Madcap said...

Wash a wall!? For heaven's sake, woman, breathe deeply and back away! You'll make the rest of us look bad!

Alice said...

I don't do running.

More a slow, ungainly jog. :-)

Gawdessness said...

You wiped off your front loading washer?
Wow.
I bow before you and suddenly realize that the joy of having a dryer stacked on top of the washer is truly great because I can't wipe off the washer. Or the dryer for that matter - it is just too high.

I know what you mean about having someone stop you when it comes to house cleaning though. All I meant to do was put a glass in the dishwasher and suddenly find myself scrubbing the sink.

Andie D. said...

My husband and I call it getting in "The Zone". Once we start, it's hard to stop cleaning. In our home, the cleaning is never, ever, done. I could drive myself nuts trying to keep up!

nancy said...

Will you post your biscuit recipe? I never made any not from a can.

thebeloved said...

It is funny how people from different times, ages, and cultures can be so similar. I was doing the same thing last night when I was trying to go to bed... I picked up the livingroom, folded the blankets, then somehow I ended up in the kitchen, and then I was organizing something else. I finally had to decide that I was not going to "bulldoze" anything else... :D Blessings on your house puttering... I know I enjoy mine.