Please sign my Guestbook.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Hermit Cookies

I found this recipe on KatieFleck, sent to her by her friend Kate. Reprinted here with permission of Kate who said she would be visiting.

I remember them as a kid and hadn't thought about them in years. When she emailed me back, she said they were in the oven. If I tried hard, I could almost smell them baking.

==========

Hi Katie! Here is the Hermit recipe:
1 1/2 c sugar
1 cup butter (cream together)
3 eggs (then add eggs)
1/2 cup molasses (then add this)
(sift together the rest, and gradually add to butter mixture)
3 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp cloves
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup chopped nuts (stir in both)
1 cup raisins
Bake at 350, 8-11 minutes on greased pans or parchment paper!
Have a good day Katie!!

================

I have everything here I need to make them and they're easy. Maybe tomorrow?

Thanks to Kate and to Katie

2 comments:

Jen said...

OH, I haven't heard of these for years! I don't know that I have molasses on hand, but here's a reason to get some!

Andrea said...

I loved these as a kid!!