Please sign my Guestbook.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Thanks Dmitri - we needed another meme

I've been finding recipes and poetry all day. Now I've found a meme. We really need another meme.

Here it is; stolen from Dmitri who stole it from Nerdine

Kleptomaniac me

I admit having this one "stolen" from Nerdine

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the coolest book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.

"Yeah, back when they were in style."

Well, that certainly describes my entire wardrobe. The next sentence says something about switching to de-caf.

From Wally Lamb's "I Know This Much Is True".

I don't know where I got this book. I didn't buy it. Maybe from Tim? I keep picking it up to read; I'm sure I'll like it if and when I ever get around to it. This was the closest non-textbook. All the others are computer for dummies type things.

Anybody else want to take a crack at it?

6 comments:

Jen said...

I have often seen this meme, but am always too lazy to get up and grab a book! Maybe later! Nursing a headache right now. :(

JBlue said...

Gran, I did it over at Out of the Blue and got some interesting responses.

I LOVE I Know This Much Is True. Do read it, Granny, and then tell me what you thought!

JBlue said...

I added this blog to our blogroll at Out of the Blue, too. :)

Anonymous said...

What if the only books you have handy are less than 123 pages? Everything at hand seems to be kid sized...

JBlue said...

Uncle Roger, pick page 12 or 13?

glasshill said...

I LOVE Wally Lamb, and that book especially! keep reading!