Please sign my Guestbook.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

How to Help Without Money

From Chicago Sun-Times Quick Takes Today

Just click it

All right. The holidays are over, and you are tired of all the charity and giving.

Who wouldn't be?

But there is still a way to help your fellow man (person), so easy that you won't mind doing it even on a gray January day.

Go to the Internet and mark these six sites as favorites: www.thehungersite.com, www.the breastcancersite.com, www.the lit eracysite.com, www.thechild hea lthsite.com, www.therainforest si te.com and www.theanimal rescue site.com.

Each of these sites has corporate sponsors on display that make a donation each time one of us simply clicks a link on the site (one click per fellow man (person) allowed each day).

The Hunger Site announced last week that it provided 52,934,043 cups of food last year.

The Breast Cancer Site provided 5,493 mammograms.

The Literacy Site provided 880,734 books.

QT did the clicking in 33 seconds today.

It will try for 32 seconds tomorrow.

3 comments:

Gary said...

Great tip Granny! I'll be checking them out today. Some of the Amnesty links and MakePovertyHistory.com also offer ways to lend your name to causes - I know it sometimes works because I helped with the research!

Turtle Guy said...

Who knew?? I had no idea that by simply visiting a site, one could help out... question is, do you end up on sponsor mailing lists through your IP?

I'm always looking for ways to help outside of financial donation. Sometimes, I've found, the least little bit of TIME is so much appreciated.

Reminds me of an experience I had with a street fellow... I think I'll post about it today.

Dem Soldier said...

Yep Great tip.....I will definitely visit them......