Please sign my Guestbook.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

More chicken

This from a friend of Jen-o-rama's named Don. I'm not ashamed to admit I do this type of cooking from time to time and I make something similar to this.

He doesn't say but it would probably stretch to 4 people or 2 very hungry ones.

Thanks Jen and Don.

=================


... I'll tell you what I made for dinner. I don't know what other people make for dinner when they don't want to expend a lot of energy but they don't want to order delivery. One thing I make is chicken pot pie, almost. It's easy.

1 can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
(or cream of anything-you-like)
1 bag HyVee frozen stir fry vegetables
1 can chunked chicken breast
1 cup low fat Bisquick
1 egg
1/2 cup skim milk

Preheat the oven to 425F and thaw the vegetables in the microwave. Spread the soup, chicken, and vegetables in the bottom of a metal pie plate. Add a bit of black pepper if desired.

Mix the Bisquick, milk, and egg. Pour over the vegetables.

Bake for 30-35 min.

5 comments:

lindsaylobe said...

Tea For Two
Or two for Tea
just you for Ray
Or Ray For you

Not disappointed,
with cream that's invented
You have your owb simple recipee

This place is a Blogers oasis
Where life' weary chase is unknown

Best wishes

Unknown said...

This sounds really good; I couldn't hang with the canned chicken, though. I'd have to boil a couple of chicken breasts & use them. I can't do canned meat except tuna

Andrea said...

wow look at all these recipies!!!

Jen said...

I don't do canned chicken either. I missed that the first time. But Don is a really good cook, so I probably would have eaten it anyway.

Sp00kalot said...

Even easier, use the Peppridge Farm Puffed Pastry Cups (of course you have to have them in your freezer, which I usually do) but it tastes A-FREAKING-MAZING. Mmmmmmm. Great idea. Forgot about those... Thats what I'm making tonight!