Please sign my Guestbook.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A bushel and a peck

Nobody inquired, but I'll let you know anyway. A peck is 8 quarts in dry measurement or 1/4 of a bushel. A peck of pickled peppers is far too many pickled peppers for this person. A peck of fresh picked peaches would be parsimonious. Everything is relative. There is also something called an Imperial peck but I didn't investigate further. I won't even try for metric equivalents.

I'm sitting here sipping a cup of lovely tea my friend from England sent and thinking about going to bed.

Just wanted to add that Rochelle brought home her Silver Honor Roll Certificate today. She is very proud. When our solemn Rochelle smiles, she lights up the room. Her injuries are better today. The worst was the scrape on her hip. Very bad place for what is basically a rug burn.

Rebecca spent another good evening on long division but got a little lost with word problems You know the type - the two trains, one at 40 mpg, the other at 50 etc.. I just hope they're on separate tracks. Word problems give me a headache. She was falling asleep by that point so I wrote a note to her teacher. It's not the number of problems she completes, it's the comprehension.

Elcie's throat seems to be okay and Rochelle never got past a little hoarseness so I think we can let go of the concern about strep. Probably just a bad air day. We have far too many of them here.

We'll be adding two more names to the blog roll when Andrea has time, Norene, of cabbage soup fame (see earlier post for link), and Beth who is a fellow member of PFLAG and a foster mom. Anybody who has gawdessness listed on her blog roll is okay by me.

Speaking of Andrea in Japan, she has posted pics of the 1st birthday celebration. I would have gone with chocolate cake; it makes more of a mess. However, they're still adorable and a good time was had by all, especially her daughter.

Good night.

Ray is doing better each day. He's more active and looks healthier.

3 comments:

Yondalla said...

Thanks Granny for mentioning me and my blog. I like yours too!

The Rainbow Zebra said...

Congratulations on Rochelle's Honor Roll!!!

Glad to hear that Ray is feeling better too.

Anonymous said...

Oh, a bushel and a peck, brought back a wonderful memory of my dad.
He would always give a big hug and sing in my ear.
I love you
a bushel and a peck
a bushel and a peck and
a hug around the neck

He really was a sweetie daddy.