Please sign my Guestbook.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

I've Been Reviewed!!

And I didn't even submit a post. A couple of months ago I didn't know people existed for the sole purpose of criticizing blogs. They do. In fairness, I had plenty to say about this blogger. This is his/her turn.

============

That Granny blogger who’s been cruising the Mummy blogosphere talking smack about Tearfree showed up in our very own comments section yesterday complete with authentic photo ID. (Scroll down to see)

Granny wants readers to check out her blogs -- Roc Rebel Granny and Is America Burning? – so they won’t judge her solely on the basis of the supremely dumb comments she made about Tearfree in all the Mother’s Day run-up hysteria.

In the interests of pursuing her academic research on emerging new media narratives, Tearfree went and had a look at Granny’s blogs and, frankly, she was not impressed. It was all George-Bush-is-a-genocidal-maniac and not even one mention of the country’s greatest hero, Jack Bauer. But, hey, if Bush bashing is your thing, you may like Granny’s blog and feel some cross-generational solidarity, so take a look and give her some traffic.
===========

So far two comments (not here, on her/his blog), both of them about the template. They don't approve of purple, it's a sixties throwback, and it hurts their eyes. I am a sixties throwback of sorts.

The "supremely dumb" comment was to suggest that the blogger read more than one post (and both blogs) before she dismisses me out of hand. Obviously, he/she did.

For any of you who might not know, Jack Bauer is the "hero" of 24, a t.v. show I gave a couple of years of my time because I like Kiefer Sutherland (and his daddy). I have now given my first and last plug to Jack Bauer and "24". I've used a lot of words to describe the Commander-in-Chief but I've never directly accused him of genocide.

All this has nothing to do with anyone but me but these things have a way of taking on a life of their own. I'd rather put my own spin on it before that happens. Just ignore any snarky comments that turn up here. I made the decision to become involved and I'm responsible for the outcome.

I'll be back later on. No meltdowns from anyone today so far and tear free has provided a moment of comic relief. It's all good.

20 comments:

Yondalla said...

Well...um...congrats on being noticed.

I like your purple, throw-back to the sixties, blog. What's more I like you.

Madcap said...

Well, huh. I don't get all this whatever-it-is, but if you like your template, well, it's yours, isn't it? And if you have an opinion and you use your blog to write it down, well, it's your blog, isn't it? To me this business of blog-criticism is extremely arrogant. Ya don't like someone's blog, just keep clicking, sister. Blah. It's just a lot of virtual nastiness. Me, I'll just keep checking in every day to see what Granny's got to say.

april said...

Well, I like it! This is my first visit to your blog and I am nothing but impressed. Up with the koolaid moms!

Granny said...

Hi April. I left you a comment on your blog.

Midori said...

purple is my favourite colour!! (as you can see from my blog template!) I haven`t read around the comment and have no idea what a "koolaid mom" is but I just wanted to say I love your blog and I do read often, even if I don`t comment so much! :-)

Tearfree said...

Hi Granny,

Tearfree here.

The supreely dumb comment I referred to was this: "No choice has less value than any other.”

And no, you didn't directly call GWB a genocidal maniac, just indirectly.

http://isamericaburning.blogspot.com/2006_05_01_isamericaburning_archive.html

CNN.com - Chavez: Imprison 'genocidal' Bush - May 15, 2006.

Still, you're welcome over at my blog any time.

Vegetarian or steak?

Andrea said...

wozers batman!!!
I guess this shows just how totally cool you really are.
Knew there was a reason I liked you so much.

Granny said...

Re tearfree's comment on Bush and genocide. I share the other blog. She missed the name on the bottom of the post.

oshee said...

Wow..cool on getting the bad press. After all don't they say there is no such thing as bad publicity?
Good thing blogs aren't about agreeing with everyone.

Janice Seagraves said...

Hi Ann,

That's rough! Well, that person should read more before forming an opinion, or he-or-she would know better!

I don't have any problem with purple, and I like your blog.

On the good news side at least this means you are getting noticed!

Janice~

Alice said...

We've got your back, Koolaid Gran.

Forgetting manners (bottom line, you have them, she doesn't) I suspect that her attacks of you are more to do with jealousy of your superior intelligence, grace, sophistication and overwhelming popularity than anything else.

Or maybe that's just me.

;-)

Jacqui said...

Hi Ann, I've been playing truant for the last couple of days.
please don't ever stop blogging and just being who you are because we all love you and what you stand for, and all the amazing things you do.
hugs jacqui

Ava said...

Good morning Ann!!!

Wow, did you ever get noticed!!!! You know ... not all people like all of the other people's blogs ... and I'm with madcapmom ... you don't like it ... keep on truckin'!!!!

Yes, we all love your blog ... purple and all ... keep on blogging young lady or we will all cry!!!

Ava

Susanna said...

Wow, that's pretty harsh. I wonder why we so often feel a need to put other people down...

thordora said...

"I wonder why we so often feel a need to put other people down..."

Generally speaking, because it's easier than making an intelligent, reasoned argument. That takes time, and real effort.

Whereas calling someone a loathsome toad, that's just talent! :)

You can't win everyone over, and can't expect to. I just wish that the whole "blogging" thing didn't end up feeling like grade school so much...it's sad, because there is so much potential for good.

Patty said...

I like the purple, and I wouldn't really worry to much if someone likes your blog or not. My attitude is...If you don't like what I have to say..Then click the little x in the corner and go away..
I personally think your very interesting to read.

DellaB said...

well, they do say "no publicity is bad publicity" .. go granny! you don't need me to tell you this, but I will anyway .. stick to your guns and stay just the way you are, please ..

deenster said...

I like the purple!!

Sounds like this attack isn't bothering you too much, if it is bothering you even just a little bit, please don't let it.

JBlue said...

You're genuine, and if Tearfree knew you like I/we do, she'd be sorry she's missing out. I'm glad I've gotten to know you. You're an inspiration.

The Rainbow Zebra said...

Hmm, if being a Koolaid mom means being nice, then I'm with you, Granny ;)

There are times I disagree with some of my favorite bloggers--and I either choose to respectfully disagree, or I don't comment. I figure it's not my blog.

I've been around that "other type" before, on AOL, they act like hyenas, and get off on thinking they are so witty--forgetting there is a real person behind a blog. Would they act that way to someone's face in real life? I bet not.

Granny, you've been a real friend to me, and I truly appreciate you!