Please sign my Guestbook.

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Easier link - I learn something new every day

http://tinyurl.com/2dggm

Here is an easier link to the codes for degree, cent, and anything else you might want to use.

Here is how to make links shorter:

http://tinyurl.com

This site converts a long URL into a dinky one. I checked it out and it works. Thanks to the same friend who sent me the codes for ¢ and ° .

My son, the druid, just left to be all that he can be. It isn't much today; he's suffering from the same galloping crud that's affecting me and Rebecca. I was hoping it was just a cold but no such luck. When Rebecca said no thank you to hot chocolate last night, I knew something wasn't right. She's home today and I'm doing as little as possible.

She just came in wearing nothing but panties asking me to scratch her back. I did that and then suggested she find some clothes. She left again (dressed) and then came back begging for oatmeal. That sounded like a great idea so now the two of us are eating comfort food. Oatmeal is almost as good as chicken soup around here.

I have two school conferences today. At least the school schedules the girls together. Rochelle's will be fine (except for the rock throwing which was an aberration) but I may suggest resourcing Rebecca on her math. I don't think it's all lack of focus although that's part of it. She just doesn't get it. Now she's multiplying decimals which was easy until some genius figured out a way to do it that I don't understand at all. Back to the book. 2 X .5 = 1. They are taking about five steps including drawing a graph to get to the answer. I'm pulling out my hair.

Anyhow, I think I'm going to take a nap this morning or I'll never make it through the day and the vigil tonight. I bailed on everything I could yesterday and just huddled under blankets. Today's a little better and Rebecca's mommy is here so I can take it easy for now.

No comments: