Please sign my Guestbook.

Monday, October 17, 2005

I've learned to make them smaller!!!


Somehow no one remembered to get Elcie out of her chair and help her out of her coat. I would have asked for a retake but I love the expression on her face. It's very Elcie - more than the photo at the top of the blog which is nice but looks more posed. Rebecca always looks like the Halloween child that she is. She has hair - she just chose to pull it all back and go for the skinned rabbit look.

I'm still waiting for their new pictures but now that I know how to do them (somewhat), I won't have to bug my anonymous friend for help getting them on here.

I now have one more thing to add to the list of "things I can do". Next is learning to move them around. I wonder if I can count getting pictures on the blog and making them smaller as two things.

This has been a good day. Elcie hasn't stomped off once, we've had no major brawls among the crew, the weather has cooled down to a pleasant 75 degrees (still haven't figured out how to do a degree sign in spite of good advice from a friend), and dinner was leftovers from yesterday. Elcie has rediscovered the "Classics for Kids" cd I gave her over a year ago. She set Eine Kleine Nachtmusik on repeat. I never knew I would rather cover my ears than listen to Mozart one more time. At least she's listening and enjoying; there may be hope for her yet. Best of all, I've had two days of freedom from homework.

Tomorrow, we run the van through smog testing and pray a lot. Registration is due on 18th and I procrastinated. It passed with flying colors two years ago but it's 14 years old with a lot of miles on it (sort of like me). If it doesn't pass, we'll be allowed at least one and maybe two extensions as long as I pay the registration. We'll see what happens. I like my mini-van. It's reasonable on gas, it holds seven plus Elcie's chair, and it's covered with bumper stickers as I think I mentioned before. It may look like a traveling junk heap but it's paid for and it's my junk heap.

I've actually managed to refrain from whining and dwelling on homework. It's the small pleasures that count. I think I'll stop now before some complaint occurs to me.

1 comment:

The Rainbow Zebra said...

Your girls are so sweet :)