Please sign my Guestbook.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Now Here's an Idea

Chicago Sun-Times Quick Takes today:

Quote

News Item: Pat Robertson warns that such sinful events as National Gay Pride month will "bring about destruction" and "terrorist bombs."

News Item: Pat Robertson reviews book critical of the State Department, saying, "When you get through, you say, 'If I could just get a nuclear device inside Foggy Bottom, I think that's the answer.' "

News Item: Pat Robertson warns residents of Dover, Pa., that a disaster could be next because they "voted God out of your city" by ousting school board members who favored teaching Intelligent Design.

Why is a man who makes so many terrorist pronouncements not residing at Guantanamo?

Unquote

Enough about Pat. I'm listening to The Byrds singing "Turn, Turn" and thinking that the pendulum is beginning to swing back.

I had two sick little girls last night. They went to a birthday party down the street and evidently ate something that disagreed with both. One barfing into a bowl, the other into a wastebasket. I was worried they might lose out on camp but they seem to be fine today. They think it might have been the salsa - I think it was the salsa on top of everything they managed to eat during the day.

We're about to start packing now that they're off to school. I think I have it together somewhat.


Andrea, I have three teenage grandchildren who live in town and I actually get to be granny sometimes. You're right, I have legal custody of the three "greats".

Mollie, I've heard of Ian Paisley somewhere. He must make the same kind of news Robertson does. The kitten came out. We have this cat that lives somewhere else (probably an alley) and just shows up to drop kittens. I haven't been able to catch up with her when I've had a little extra money to have her spayed. Poor cat. This last time it was six; five black and white and one calico. I don't know what I'm going to do with the kittens. Maybe the shelter bad as I hate the idea and take her along as well. She's decided to have her last 4 litters here; 2 in the house and 2 outside. The last litter before this one died (all but one) and I can't keep finding homes for them. I've lost track of how many stray cats I've had neutered but it's several and it adds up.

Gawdessness - your church is more liberal (and always has been) than mine but we're working on it.

The girls leave for camp tomorrow and come back Friday I think. I'll have to check.

More later maybe - have to start assembling their stuff.











4 comments:

ipodmomma said...

hope all got packed okay... I can't tell you how many times J has packed for sleepovers and forgotten PJ's... too many to count! :)))

I think, with folks like Paisley and Pat, it's about fear and power. not to get philisophical, but if you don't understand something, and you aren't looking to be open minded, the easiest way to deal with the unknown that causes consternation is to fear it or hate it. so, I think, that is what these kinds of people do. and rather than fear something and feel powerless against it, hatred is so much better. one is in control when hating, instead of being at the mercy of what cannot be fathomed.

for politicians to be so, well, power is their game. but what I find so difficult to wrap my head around is this: if God is their profession, and Jesus is His Son they profess, then where's the reason for hate?

sorry! this just puts a burr in my bonnet, and whether it is TV preachers or political reverends makes no difference to me. haven't we come a long way from the Crusades?

apparently not...

oh, I do apologize... I really don't mean to be so sermony and serious...

mollie

Anonymous said...

Answer to query #1: because robertson was lucky enough to choose the right kind of fundamentalism.

Andrea said...

Pat is a freaky and it is even freakyer that he has a following.

Gawdessness said...

Hope that you have been able to get them packed up and on their way. That they are now well and it was only the salsa. I don't envy you the barfing though.
Still not the best Momma when it comes to that.
And Pat - makes all the sense in the world that he be treated like the terrorist he is.
Here, he could be charged with spreading Hate.