Please sign my Guestbook.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Baseball - Walking to ATT Park - Part 3


That's an outside shot of the Park looking across McCovey Cove. The old Giants had two famous Willies who came with the team to San Francisco in the late fifties. One was center fielder Willie Mays, of course. The plaza in from of the park is named for him. This is first baseman Willie McCovey. Both Willies are Hall of Famers and still involved with the team although Willie Mac is quite lame and walks with crutches.

On one of the shot, you can see the Bay Bridge in the background. The vessel is one of the ferries (there are several) that bring fans to the ballpark.

The girls wanted a picture of our big bus. That's it and if you look closely you can see the driver (in straw hat) right behind me. He was great; dropped the bus for Elcie and then helped her on and off. That first step would have been a struggle and she probably would have needed a boost otherwise.

Some of the other people are friends and some were passersby.




5 comments:

HORIZON said...

Loved all the pics- seems that you had a good time and good weather too!
Especially liked the pic at the bottom. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the statue.
My Dad loved baseball. (He passed away in 2004)He was a huge Braves Fan! Glad you had a good weekend.

Ava said...

Great pictures! And nice to see one of you and the girls together.

*Tanyetta* said...

TOOOOOOO CUTE. THE BUS DRIVER'S HAT IS TOO FUNNY.
Oops! did I say that. LOL
I love the photos.

ps..Unless my memory is fried (damn mushrooms) I think this is the FIRST pic I've seen you with the girls together.

JBlue said...

Enjoyed the pix, Gran. You have a lovely family.