Please sign my Guestbook.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Not Exactly a Scam But --

My online friend, Foster Abba, had a frightening encounter with a pair of door to door salespersons the other day. You can read about it by following the above to her "home school" blog.

These days, we can't open our mail, we must beware of text messaging and our phones, and, for heaven's sake, let's not answer your door unless we know who's on the other side. I'm not fond of dealing with traveling salespersons but this is the first time I'd realized they could be dangerous as well as pesky.

I made connections with friend Dave and his 100 year old friend for coffee this afternoon. He's (Dave, not the 100 year old friend) back safe and sound, if a little exhausted, after his year long travels around the USA and the lower part of Canada. While I was out, Ray decided to mow the lawn. He said he did a little, rested, did a little more, etc. He did a lovely job (electric mower - I would have thrown a huge fit if he'd done it any other way). Now he's talking about planting a rose bush for me and I've been thinking about setting out a few bulbs. I'm no gardener but possibly I can keep from killing a daffodil or two. I might even think about a cherry tomato plant. We love them. Right now, all I have growing is mint.

The girls talked to their mom last night. They were disappointed about missing our meeting but are already excited about next week. I'll have pictures for them of the house, us, and some of their old friends as well as some Valentine's Day treats.

Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend.

6 comments:

granny said...

Hi Ann,

I think that you need to refrigerate your bulbs if you want them to bloom. Look up "forcing bulbs".

It's good to see you still cheerful and blogging away!

Back to work for grannyinsanity now!

peppylady (Dora) said...

I haven't even thought of any type of garden stuff there still to much snow at our place

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Ann. Glad you're back online, and bless your friend for his generosity in helping you with your computer problems.

Your lasagna sounds good. Wish I'd thought to get the stuff to make it when I bought groceries yesterday. Maybe next month...

It's still too early to think about planting anything yet, even though it's supposed to be over 60 degrees tomorrow. We should still have a lot of freezing weather yet before Spring settles in for real. Hopefully even some snow...And maybe not too many more tornadoes, if it please God.

Have a great weekend, Ann. ;o)

Love you,

Diane

Merle said...

Dear Ann ~~ Your friend was lucky to get rid of two girls, but glad she did. What next? And what cheats do
these things.
I am so glad you will see the girls next week and I bet they are as excited as you are. They will enjoy seeing photos of your new home etc.
I hope you have a lovely visit Ann.
I passed on a Young at Heart award to you the other day. wonder if you got it? Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

Jo said...

Hi, Ann, I'm glad you're back. I wondered where you went.

Talking about scams, I got an e-mail yesterday from someone pretending to be my bank, asking for my login information. How stupid do they think I am???

And, yes, you can link to my Koala joke. I'm really glad you like it.

Cheers,
Josie

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Granny,
"THANK YOU" for stopping by. We should all be aware of all the scams out there. Seems like they just keeping adding more and more scams. Sure wish there was a way to put a stop to it. I'm not a gardener either. I used to have houseplants years ago, but I haven't had any in years. I've always heard that it's not safe to plant anything until after Good Friday. They say that the fear of Frost is safe after Good Friday. I don't know about that tho, because last year we had a couple of killing frost's in the Spring that killed alot of things that had been planted after Good Friday. I'm glad Ray took his time in mowing the lawn. I have never had any fresh mint. I've seen it use on Food Network, but have never used it myself. I wouldn't mind having me an herb garden. I know you are looking forward to seeing the girls. I know they will enjoy the pictures and the Valentine's Treats you have for them. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.