Please sign my Guestbook.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

For what it's worth

This just came in on Instant Message from my grandson:

wes: OK. ONE MORE MESSAGE TO ALL IN MY MESSENGER LIST. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW ANY LINKS THAT ARE SENT TO YOU FROM ANYONE. IF YOU NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE, PLEASE NAVIGATE IT MANUALLY THROUGH YOUR BROWSER. THERE IS SOMEONE STEALING PASSWORDS AND TAKING INFORMATION. ONCE AGAIN DO NOT FOLLOW ANY LINKS SENT TO YOU THROUGH YOUR MESSENGER. IF YOU GET A MESSAGE LIKE THAT PLEASE COPY IT AND PASTE IT INTO A NEW MESSAGE TO YAHOO ADMINISTRATION. ALSO PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS MESSAGE OR SEND ONE OF YOUR OWN TO EVERYONE IN YOUR MESSENGER LIST. THANK YOU.

Okay Wes, it's done.

I asked him if he was sure and he said he received the same message from three different people. I just use IM for maybe a dozen people. I like it but many of my correspondents don't.

Anyhow, if you don't already know this, now you do.

I'll be back later.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Hi Granny! Thank You for your kind comments. I am going to add you to my Blog Roll links if you'll do the same for me I would appreciate it. :) Thanks!

I started blogging after my wife miscarried our first child and she got pregnant again and I created this blog for her and gave it to her when our son was born. She cried for like 3 hours. It was cute. :)

http://lovelori.blogspot.com

Granny said...

Mike if you received an email from me that made no sense, don't worry about it. I was commenting on another "mike" blog and lost it there for a minute. You're both nice people and I may add his link as well in this post.

You have different stories but what shines through both of your journals is your love of your family.

Sometimes fathers get lost in the shuffle and we women need to hear more from the guys like you.

Granny said...

I've really lost it - His name is Greg. It's straightened out now and you're both listed.

Anonymous said...

Usually, the "phishers" send e-mails... "Your [amazon|paypal|ebay|citibank|etc.] account has been suspended..." You're supposed to click on the link that looks okay but isn't... it actually goes to someone else's website that looks like the original -- only problem is, your user ID and password are sent to the phisher. For things like that, it's best to type the URL in or use your own bookmark.

I hadn't heard of a problem with instant messaging, but it's certainly possible.