Please sign my Guestbook.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Update on Ray

I'm back from the local hospital, it's 3:00 a.m. and Ray is probably almost to Modesto by now.

He was in good spirits but pretty dopey. They started him with nitro which did nothing so put him on morphine for the pain.

The closest pulmonary surgeon is in Modesto. Fresno is a little further away. Their hospital is much larger and so is the city. They say it's not a growth but they don't know what it is. They're sure it didn't come out of nowhere. It might be old scar tissue, it might be anything.

Unless there's a change, nothing will happen before tomorrow morning probably. I'll try to set things up here so I can go there but I may wait until I know a little more. What I do know is if they're giving him morphine, he will hardly know I'm in the room . We've been down this road before - more than once.

Talk to you later.

5 comments:

ipodmomma said...

prayers and love are with you all...

let us know when you have news...

much, much love...

Anvilcloud said...

I'll check back to see how Ray is doing. You seem to be very strong, but I know that this is hard for you.

Alice said...

Still mentally crossing my fingers for you. I've already had a go at God and told Him that this is simply NOT ON. Unfortunately I got his answering service, but I'm sure He'll get back to me.

Morphine is one of those drugs... I had it after an op a few years back (they injected it into my bum. I argued with them about that; said I knew I had a drip in the one arm, but the other was functioning perfectly, and they were trespassing on territory that normally I didn't even let my boyfriend see. ...I argued a lot) and spent all night in a haze of confusion, not really aware of where I was, just that my mother was there. Or at least, her nose was. I kept touching that, apparently, to make sure it didn't vanish.

...Anyway, you, probably aren't in the mood for my supposedly interesting stories, are you?
Sorry.
I'll be going now...

Madcap said...

Oh, that's not such good news. I'm sorry. I hope things look better shortly.

Gawdessness said...

Prayers and love and I wish I could bring you a casserole.

Why, I don't know it makes me feel useful.